cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD 8 CSV file

Solved!
Go to solution

I did  it as the enclosed file,

however, the solution contains an additional case structure with "error", " no error" outside the for loop..

could anyone explain the role of this case structure?

will I lose point for my solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,161 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author idjuven1

Hi,

That's usually a good practice to have that Case Structure around the code if it is meant to be used as a subVI. It would prevent your code from executing if there is an error as input (like most of the subVI in LabVIEW). But it all depends on the specifications and your goal. In some cases not having the Case Structure is fine.

I am really not sure you would lose points but that's a good habit to do it like that anyway.

Where you would lose points in my opinion is for documentation and style. Try not to bend your wires, place nice comments, etc. The goal of those exercises is not only to work on the functionality but also your style within a given time frame. It is cool if you can tackle that problem in the xx minutes imparted, but it is even better if you are able to tackle it in style with good practices. Think about it : documentation and style are 25 easy points out of 40. So train for it too 🙂

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
Message 2 of 4
(3,160 Views)

thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,150 Views)

@ML927 wrote:

That's usually a good practice to have that Case Structure around the code if it is meant to be used as a subVI.

For the sake of the CLD, yes you want the error case structure.  In reality, it actually helps zero to none and can keep the compiler from making some optimizations.  So I rarely (as in almost never) have a case structure around my code in subVIs.  The primitives already do not run if they get an error, so just let them continue with that.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,141 Views)