cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD: end of For Loop question

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I downloaded a couple of sample exams that NI provides for the CLAD exam. I'd like your opinion on one of the questions that seems to have two possible answers, although only one is required (or at least only one is given as the right answer at the end of the sample exam).

Here is the question:

Question26.png

The only correct answer given in the form is B. Which is fine with me. I understand why. No problem.

But for me the answer A is also correct, since you can add a condition terminal to a For Loop so that it ends when a true value is present at the input of the terminal.

So is there something that I missunderstand in the question and/or in the answer A...?

Thanks a lor for your answers.

Regards

Luc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,943 Views)

Why is B correct?  Test it.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 9
(8,930 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

Why is B correct?  Test it.

I think what OP is trying to say is if you test A it is also correct.  I believe the question was written before there was a conditional terminal on for loops.  Not sure if this question is still used today because of that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,913 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LucG

I would have chosen A and B.  But if only one answer is accepted (implied since it does not say "Multiple Answers Apply"), the BEST answer would be B.

When N is set to 5, the loop runs 5 times.  Since i starts at 0, it will be 4 on the last iteration.

You actually have to configure the FOR loop to have the conditional terminal, therefore it is not a default behavior.  Since B is a default behavior, that would be the best answer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 9
(8,912 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

You actually have to configure the FOR loop to have the conditional terminal, therefore it is not a default behavior.  Since B is a default behavior, that would be the best answer.

While I hope you know I agree with you, the way the option is worded it doesn't say anything about default behavior.  It is stating that if a true were wired to a conditional terminal of a for loop, would it stop executing?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,895 Views)

Thanks a lot for your answers.

In case of multiple possible answers whereas only one is expected, I guess if would indeed be best to keep the answer that refers to the default configuration of the loop.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,884 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

While I hope you know I agree with you, the way the option is worded it doesn't say anything about default behavior.  It is stating that if a true were wired to a conditional terminal of a for loop, would it stop executing?

I did say that I would have chosen A and B.  All I said here was why, if I had to, choose B over A.  I actually agree with your earlier post where this is likely just a really old question that needs either thrown out or redone.

So it sounds like we are on the same page.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,883 Views)

Conditional For Loops are a relatively new feature to LabVIEW.  The question in your post predates the improvement.  It should have been retired when the feature came out.  (those sample exams are retired actual exams)

But, it does bring up an interesting point on "Test-Taking" Reading the instructions!   The prep guide states what version on LabVIEW the exam will pertain to. the current guide states that LabVIEW 2012 Full is the enviornment.  So don't expect to see questions about how to clear spacific erroros using the "Specific error Code to Clear" input to "Clear errors.vi"  it didn't show up until 2014.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,848 Views)

I was going through one of the CLAD practice exams with one of my coworkers and came across this question.  Except in her copy it state for A, "Wire a false constant to..."  So it looks like NI has fixed this question, at least on the practice exam I was going through.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,814 Views)