From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD Preparation exam/ Hardware Section/ Question n°7 How can that be possible ??

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I can't understand how the good anwser is C ??

I tested all the VIs and the only one which outputs values bigger than 4 is B. But in the preparation guide the awnser is C.

Can anyone explain to me why ??

Question in the picture below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,470 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oussama_Zaidi

"Which VI will only output all channels that have a value greater than 4 in them?"

A technically outputs all channels, just empty data for those with values less than 4.  The requirements imply that you should not output anything for those who do not have a value greater than 4.

B and D do not output waveforms (the datatype).  They just output arrays.

C is using a conditional terminal to output only the waveforms whose max value is greater than 4.  So C is obviously the answer.

Could you share your code so we can see if you did something wrong?  Or maybe you are confused about which letter goes to which answer (it has gotten me a few times with these exams)?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(4,458 Views)

Thank you for your help.

I didn't understand the question. Now it is clear for me. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,447 Views)

I created answer C in LabVIEW, however, the waveform still shows all data points. Shouldn't it only show values greater than 4? See my attached code (I have LabVIEW 2018).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,457 Views)

@walters5 wrote:

I created answer C in LabVIEW, however, the waveform still shows all data points. Shouldn't it only show values greater than 4? See my attached code (I have LabVIEW 2018).

No, it will retain all waveforms where at least one value is >4. All waveforms that match that conditions are fully retained.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,449 Views)

I'm still a little confused.So, as long as one data point is >4 in a single channel, all of the data points in that channel will show on the graph?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,445 Views)

@walters5 wrote:

I'm still a little confused.So, as long as one data point is >4 in a single channel, all of the data points in that channel will show on the graph?

That is correct.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,441 Views)