cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLA Attempt- Car Wash

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello LabVIEWers 🙂

Can you please evaluate my attempt to solve the Car Wash sample exam using LV2016.

My real exam is in 6 weeks, and I need your feedback what I need to improve.

Kudos for any good advice 🙂 

Thanks,

Mohamed

Spoiler
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb (1).jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,463 Views)

Hello Mohamedbakr2,

Few observations,

1. Hardware interface has not been implemented.

2. Modules queue reference has not been released.

3. Name Queue, could be an issue, as possibility of rogue message.

4. No need to wire (Event Dynamic registration terminal) through event structure.

Hemant

Message 2 of 5
(3,402 Views)

Thanks Hemant for your reply,

1. Hardware interface has not been implemented.  Do you recommend a way to implement it? Should it be a parallel module?

2. Modules queue reference has not been released. Should I release it at each module exit loop?

3. Name Queue, could be an issue, as possibility of rogue message. the naming comes from the VI name, which is unique for each library.

4. No need to wire (Event Dynamic registration terminal) through event structure. Got it 🙂

Thanks,

Mohamed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,399 Views)

Hello,

1. You can check Elevator sample exam for hardware interface implementation.

2. Releasing at exit state may cause error in event handling loop as you have API in event handling loop also.

May be good way to release outside the both of the loop, release where you have unregistered the user event.

3. Though you have unique library, there is possibility to generate rogue message by developer.

Hemant

Message 4 of 5
(3,393 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamedbakr2

A few suggestions:

1. Add context help to your VIs. Most of them are just empty so it's not clear what any of the VIs are supposed to do.

2. Consider changing the variant input of all of your API VIs to some specific data type which developers are supposed to use.

3. I would add more documentation on how the application is intended to operate. This combined with the fact that many of your API VIs don't have any callers makes it a bit unclear how everything is supposed to fit together.

As an FYI, Tools > Options > Front Panel there is a check box for "Use numbers in icons of new VIs (1 through 9)" which will make it so you don't have to just delete all of the numbers on the VIs when creating icons.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 5 of 5
(3,318 Views)