From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boiler Controller -CLD question

Hi all,

I have attached a sample program for CLD question -Boiler controller.

It would be helpful if you could send me feedaback/suggestion/improvements.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,662 Views)

My first question, is it a boiler or a broiler? This will depend on whether you want to poach your chicken or if you want a crispy skin on top 😄

Also, I'm on LV 2012 and couldn't open your project, sorry!

Message 2 of 14
(5,626 Views)

Hi Gregoryj,

Sorry about the spelling mistake in the program Name.

I have attached the program in 2012 Version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,570 Views)

Forgot to attach the program in the previous post. silly of me!! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,569 Views)

Hi Kurian, it's clear that you know about many functions in LabVIEW, like user events and queues, but I see some for improvement in the following areas:

Style:

• Try to make wires go straight across, especially error and reference wires when possible.
  • Put some kind of non-default icon for all SubVIs and Typedef controls
  • Did you play with the layout of the front panel? It might be something with backsaving, but if you played with it, don't do that!

Documentation:

• I'd like to see more comments inside your case structures explaining what they do.

Functionality:

• Keep it simple! This could have been done in 1 loop, maybe 2 loops if you really like the QMH template.
  • Why is there a 100ms wait in the loops? It seems useless in the producer, action, and display loops, as those are waiting on events or items from a queue. I'm not sure if your timing loops is running continuously, then it may be necessary there.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,560 Views)

Hi Gregoryj,

Thank you for the feedback.

I will make it more neat regarding the wires and the icon!!

I did not play with the front panel. I copied this front panel from another answer in a forum. I just deleted the block diagram and reused the front panel. 😄

Is there a website where you can get the CLD questions??

I would add more documentation in the next try. I was trying to finish it within 4hrs, but could not manage to finish it on time. This is my first try with a CLD question.

Let me try to reprogram it with lesser loops.

Yes I you are right about the 100ms in the loops.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,553 Views)

Hi,

I  re-programmed it in a single Loop.

Suggestions/modifications/comments/feedback please!!

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,538 Views)

Oops that was a wrong program. please find the attached right program.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,537 Views)

You can download preparation material and practice exams from here:

<http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EKITCLDEXMPRP/US>

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,535 Views)

I think this second attempt was a lot easier to read. It's still a little light on the comments, and the typedefs are still lacking new icons and description documentation. I think you might get dinged a little for running wires behind case structures as well. 

Overall, I see good improvement here, and I think if you practice a couple more times, with the other practice scenarios, you will be in good shape!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,534 Views)