Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Help/Direction in preparation for CLD

Hi ALL,

I've done my research on all information in this forum on CLD...it seems to be the elusive "Golden Egg" I can't find much of? I've done the "boiler,sprinkler,atm,  and carwash" in a couple different syles("producer/consumer and state machines). I've practive the read/write vi's on plain .csv and .txt files to array and array to files. Property Nodes, Array manipulations, Static and Dynamic Events, Mathemactical Algorithms, Queue Notifiers and Operators. I've seen the E-Kit downloads and NI links...

MY question here after mentioning the above information, is there any more functions I need to know other than the sample tests. Can the certified CLD'ers chime in and broaden my awareness on what is not covered in the test examples...Active X, Daqmx, VISA, Filters, Instrument IO's...ect. THANKS!

Message 1 of 5
(6,845 Views)

You won't see Active X, DAQ, VISA, or Intrument IO on the CLD.  I don't recall Filters either. 

Sounds like you're practicing the right things. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,832 Views)

Smiley WinkGreat question!

Your focus seems pretty close:

• Design Patterns
  • File IO
  • Synchronization
  • Function Palatte familliarity
  • Properties of FP Objects

Are all "Musts" to achieve that passing score on the CLD

Toss in:

• Timing- you will have a timing requirement.
  • Documentation practice (the cheapest points on the exam in points per time needed)

You, of course, read the style guide too - Smiley Winkright?

Next step:  Take your examples and run them through the VI Analizer.  How did they do?  I'll bet $'s to Doughnuts at least one evaluator will do this too

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,820 Views)

THANKS for the replies guys!....yes, i forgot to mention timing (I could mathimactically create it from scratch of just use the "elapsed time" function, seems easier to use) . Just a side note: I did talk with Ni on cost ($299USD) as I could not find a price here.

Again, maybe you guys can tell me what concepts probably hung you up on time (other than documentation blah, blah)?Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,818 Views)

Hint: I thought that bundling an Enum Commands and Varient Data to a cluster through a register, passes state machine commands and whatever data you want to any state condition. I liked that approach during Core 3 training, a nifty way of handling data between states. Another cool trick I learned...using "Sysinternals Screen Magnifier", since it would be too much for NI to do on its own software....I could hardly ever see what I am coding unless on a 60" DLP monitor.Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,815 Views)