Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowed Front Panel Modifications?

I took a stab a sample test for the CLD (the sprinkler system) recently and noticed that the provided solution had converted some individual front panel controls into clusters.  I can see the rationale for why that should be okay since it would have no effect a human end user would observe if it were a real programming job, and I can definitely see why the solution ended up looking less cluttered with fewer wires, but I guess I wouldn't have been confident that was within the bounds of the requirements listed at the beginning of the exam:

"The front panel and associated controls for the application are provided to you in a folder hierarchy on the USB memory stick. You must maintain the folder hierarchy and use these components to develop your application. Solutions that do not use the hierarchy or the given components will not be graded."

or 

"Do not rename the main VI or any of the provided controls. Solutions with renamed main VI or controls will not be graded..."

That latter rule seems like it's so the functionality can be tested automatically and I would imagine bundling or unbundling controls on the main front panel would break that. Any comment on what kinds of changes like that are fair game?  Could that just be a result of changing the exam and not updating the solution?

-Ian Konen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,442 Views)