[IDLE] Central Texas LabVIEW User Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic for next Meeting: Using Package Manager; round table discussion

How many of us use the VI package manager?   What are some of your favorite tools, how often do you use them?  What package would you like to hear recommended by one of our members (one they use)?  What level of interest do you have in contributing a utility or custom probe or some other LabVIEW snippet to a Austin LabVIEW Users Group package?  Have you used package manager for you personal toolkit or a source distribution, would you like to hear from some members with practical experiences using it this way?

I think a round table discussion with four to five members would be the way to go.  Each person would be given the questions in advance.  Then during the discussion, for each question, the panel members would have a short time to give their answer.  I think this would be more informative than having a traditional demonstration presentation.

Lets see the interest levels and then we can work out the logistics of preparing questions, etc... 

Mark

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,507 Views)

i just completed and exhaustive evaluation of VIPM. i would like to be involved with this to share what i know and learn more. i have example workflows i can contribute and lots of power user tips/ideas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,706 Views)

Bump,   Looking for some more interested parties to discuss thier VIPM experiences at our next meeting.

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,706 Views)

I use VIPM a lot in my projects both for creating my own packages that I distribute to customers and to install packages created by others. Let me know if I can help.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,706 Views)

Users Group meeting  Next Thursday

• A short list of questions to be asked is below.  Depending on the total participants in the panel the number of questions that can be covered will vary.

• Answers should be "tuned" to about 2-3 minutes per person.

• Format will be round table.

1) How often do you use VPM?

2) Do you use it to only for Open G?  Do you use it for other packages?

3) What packages have you used it for?

4) Did you feel it provided a value? cost Vs. development time?

5) Have you made packages?

6) Do you use it to distribute source?  Your development toolkit?

One question for the users group:  Is there an interest in participating in a Users Group Package?   Is there a case for creating a package that contains example, tool, utilities, etc...   from our users group?  Obvioulsy there is a lot of administrtive work to manage a group effort like this. 

Please comment on these questions or add as desired.

Reply with your interest to be in the round table and/or send me or Drew an email.  We are really looking to get more of the group talking, especially those who might be new to using VIPM!

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,706 Views)