From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

[IDLE] Calgary LabVIEW User Group Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select and drag cursor when the graph is zoomed.

Hi,

I am able to select ad drag cursor when the graph is unzoomed but as soon as i zoom in on the graph the cursor style changes and cannot select or drag the cursor. Any solutions to this would be appreciated.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,019 Views)

blessedk, I think you just have to reselect the cursor tool in the graph palette after you zoom in to get the cursor back.  The cursor changes with the graph tool you have selected, so that is what it sounds like if I am understanding you correctly.  Hopefully that helps!

If you are interested, I've built and will be presenting at a future user group meeting, some nice graph extensions for this sort of thing to be improved in LabVIEW.  You can check out the open source project here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,388 Views)

Hello Mike,

I reselect the cursor tool on the graph pallette after zooming in but this doesn't solve the problem.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,388 Views)

Cursor work by locking to points on the graph, so if you zoom in where the cursor is out of view, you won't be able to still drag that cursor.  in the cursor palette, you can right click to bring a cursor to center, which would let you grab it, but sounds like you are fighting how cursors work, which I'd really recommend the graph extensions to replace them, since they are way easier to use and look better as well.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,388 Views)

Thanks Mike. However, I am not conversant with graph extensions. Can you send me some documentation/ explanation

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,388 Views)