From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Logging.zip

When you run the vi the "Process" boolean starts a simple loop, slecting "Logging Status" will set a global to True whih will cause the scripts to be logged.  The log file is generated when the vi is terminated vi the "STOP" button.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,052 Views)

Can we use snippets here?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,042 Views)

a few more notes...

The architecture has to be as fool proof as possible i.e. I dn’t want to use wires that have to be collected – this could lead to some I2C steps being missed out of a log file.

I’ve attached one method that uses two globals, one to switch on the logging and the other to collate the instructions.  I’m sure that some of you would have done something very similar in the past so would appreciate any feedback at this early stage of my development.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,043 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using? I tried to open this in LV2009 so I guess you are using LV2010. Any chance of saving to an earlier version so we can take a look?

Steve Swindley (CLA since Feb 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,043 Views)