From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Meeting August 2010- Weds 18th August 2010 12:00 start

What do we want to do?

FlexRIO and maybe Wii Teststand demo.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,089 Views)

FlexRIO would be interesting, but I will not be able to attend as I will be on holiday.

I will try to think of subjects for future meetings.

Is it possible to have a brief resume of what happens at the meeting?

Even better would be a resume of previous meetings.

Cheers

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,233 Views)

trouble is I forget to take notes......

I'll attempt to take some for this meeting

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,233 Views)

Another thought, as by then LabVIEW 2010 will have been announced at NI Week, are there any beta testers or NI able to talk about what is new in LabVIEW 2010?

Although I will not be there I would appreciate any notes/webcam recording/other source of info.

Cheers

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,233 Views)

I'll email Ralph and see if we can get a NIWeek Review I think

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,233 Views)

Consider me emailed, I'll see if I can get something together to queeze into the agenda under AOB. Also Steve Branshaw offered to give us an overview of his projecty as Darren Coe didn't think he could make it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,233 Views)

Looking like a busy agenda....I've had some discussions with the ever helpful Graham Green (of NI) and he's happy to do a review of NIWeek announcements/highlights. I might also demonstrate this site and the projects site, I think this is a better means of communication than mailing lists.

I would also like to demonstrate a new component design, using polymorphic VIs (as stolen from Mark Barnes demo).

I think we could well run out of time!

Agenda as it stands now is......

FlexRIO

Wii Testand demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBTTsr1e4uc&hd=1)

NIWeek Review

Project Review

Community Site and Projects

Polymorphic Component Design

what we can't finish we'll push over to next meeting.

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,233 Views)

A busy and well attended meeting, thanks to all who attended and presented.

We kicked off with a look at FlexRIO presented by Mike Bailey (NI). He showed us the LCD video demonstration. This displayed the power of in-line processing large quantities of data, fast!. To summarise it took an LVDS VGA camera input and allowed it to be manipulated and filtered in real-time and output to a VDU. We then had a poke about in the code.

Next we looked at the WII LabVIEW/Teststand demonstration presented by the AE team. See Reference Architectures discussion for links.

After that it was a NIWeek selected highlights review (Liking the Ethernet cDAQ chassis myself)

I then showed this web-site and pushed it as the main means of communication for CSLUG and also demonstrated the projects. Finally I did a small introduction to another way of designing components using polymorphic VIs.

Chris Roebuck kindly volunteered to put up a poll for subject choices for the next meeting. We'll definitely have some sort of project review/code review as well

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,233 Views)