CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Tuesday 9th May 2017

As ever this is the placeholder for building the agenda

Teststand -  Process Model Plugins - Puneet Kapoor

Assertions API Demo and review - Pete Horn (think we should give an hour for this)

Discussion about the internal LabVIEW code complexity metric

The SSDC Way - Pre-NIWeek test run 

eCLA Summit Review - by attendees

We'll stream it where we can

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,716 Views)

Who knows anything about Compiled Code Complexity?, it's in the memory usage part of the VI properties dialog.

I was surprised at what I was seeing with my code. If anyone is interested I would like to have a talk about it and see if it is a useful metric. It also would be interesting to rip through a project and see how it changes down the hierarchy. Also how architectures differ etc etc.

If there is interest we could have a general discussion.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,539 Views)

Hi Steve,

I have had some fun with Compiled Code Complexity in some  inherited code recently. You know when it it is really high when the design environment takes 5 seconds plus to just place a wire! A few days of refactoring the code , mostly putting large cases in to sub VIs bought the CCC value down to a sane value and the design environment was usable again. I look forward to a discussion on CCC.

John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,537 Views)

Can't say I've ever done too much with code complexity but I'd be interested in a discussion about it. Out of curiosity I just wrote a quick vi to grab the code complexity of each vi in a directory and display them in descending order. We could use this to look at the difference between high value and low value code if that'll be useful - either on my code or someone elses....

code complexity.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,473 Views)

Sounds a good plan,

I've got some info from Greg Stoll too, I think it raises some interesting questions.

I'd like to see a comparison between VI An results and this number too

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(9,449 Views)

Here's the link to Gregs tool

Compiled Code Complexity analyzer tool for LV 2012

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,422 Views)

Evening all, sorry I had to rush off on Tuesday, daughter is fine, back is better. Been in Hereford for the rest of the week.

I still think there's some legs left in the complexity conversation and visualisation tools (that Gorse demo was fantastic).

My computer rebooted so I lost the second half. All in all not my finest hour.

I rushed through my presentation, forgot to get feedback (point of the exercise). 

So before it gets lost in time, please post any notes on the complexity or visualisation stuff and any constructive comments on my presentation will be appreciated.

Thanks for coming and adding your brains to the CSLUG groupmind.

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,242 Views)