CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Tuesday 6th February 2018

I've tried to position the user group meetings in front of the main presenting events this year.

So this meeting is an opportunity to test drive your CLA Summit presentations. This may mean that we don't stream the content for all the presentations.

Sarah Amer has kindly created a registration link for us, please use

https://events.ni.com/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x211376abcd

Agenda

Paul Morris - From lone wolf to dream team: a journey into team based LabVIEW development - CLA Summit synopsis

Greg Payne - Using git submodules in LabVIEW projects Demo

Steve Watts - Coupling and Cohesion, SOLID Example discussion - CLA Ideas stealing session!

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,252 Views)

With everyone rushing to submit things to talk about... I'd be happy to give a 10-15 "synopsis" of my proposed talk for CLA summit... focus the mind and all that (i.e. force me to actually think about it!)

The title was "From lone wolf to dream team: a journey into team based LabVIEW development"... 

Cheers

Paul

Message 2 of 9
(6,227 Views)

And as a new presenter you'll be given top-billing too!

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,223 Views)

Hi Steve, 

If there is a spare slot, I'd like to give a short presentation on using git submodules in LabVIEW projects.

Not sure if it's of interest to anyone, but I've started using them and finding they are a good way of including drivers/reuse code.

My idea is to do more of a demo than presentation; I might end up regretting this.......Smiley Surprised

Cheers,

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,095 Views)

That sounds very useful (and weirdly topical to something that's just beginning to roll round my head)

Will update the agenda now

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,088 Views)

Like it! Just been learning about nuget in C# and cursing our current methods for this

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,071 Views)

Is that like sub-repositories in mercurial?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,068 Views)

I've not used Mercurial but it sounds like its a similar concept.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,066 Views)

Don't forget to register peeps, I've forgotten to nag!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,752 Views)