CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Tuesday 11th December 2018

There may be cakes!

REGISTER HERE IF YOU WANT FEEDING! 

What do we want to talk about?

Things we like in the IDE and how we remove them with our design decisions - I'm making a graphic! - SWatts

IDE Enhancements-VI Analyser - Chris Roebuck

James McNally - Either/Or or Both

1. Open Source - How does it work?

2. The state of LabVIEW CLI and CI in LabVIEW

USB Wifi Gizmo - Greg Payne

AOB - Discussion on switching to NXG

Lauren at NI has kindly set us up a registration link and we're going to try linking remotely using Microsoft Teams, click here to join if you can't attend. This is experimental so bear with us!

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,660 Views)

Steve,

I like the idea of IDE discussions (and cake). Maybe following on from you and talking about design decisions hampering the IDE perhaps (if nobody else has anything) I could show a few things I've come up with to enhance the IDE ?

Chris

Don't forget to give Kudo's for a good answer !

LabVIEW Champion
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,613 Views)

Customising the IDE is exactly what I'm interested in at the moment - I'm starting to get to grips with the LV Project Provider. However, it would be good to see what other developers are using.

Would it be possible host this LUG on Skype for Business? CSLUG is the closest LUG to me, but it's still a couple hours drive away 😕

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,607 Views)

I'd be happy to talk about something! Got a few ideas, perhaps you can help me whittle them down. In order of my preference:

1. Open Source - How does it work?

2. The state of LabVIEW CLI and CI in LabVIEW

Or happy to listen to ideas on the IDE!

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,594 Views)

Hey James,

I would be interested in CI - I started to setup my Jenkins CI server, but it's been on the back burner for a while. I need to get around to completing that!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,590 Views)

Tom,

I don't have skype for business, we do stream on youtube and have comments enabled (if I remember how to set it all up!)

There's a slight delay with that tho'

I'll look into skype for business as a platform.

Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,584 Views)

Hi Steve, 

I plan on being at the next CSLUG.

If there is 15min free in the agenda I'd like to demo a software tool that I have recently come across. It can be used for turning normal USB devices into WiFi devices.

Cheers, 

Greg

Message 7 of 14
(6,525 Views)

Sweet, I'll add you to the agenda matey

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,521 Views)

Hi All,

I plan to attend this meeting on 11th December. I have already registered on the NI events page.

I would like to use this opportunity to meet some of the fellow LabVIEW developers from the region and am keen to hear more about CI in LabVIEW.

Another thing I had in mind was to discuss if anyone has switched to LabVIEW NXG  and how should we as developers plan a smooth transition to NXG in the long run (if at all we should!).

Thanks and Regards,

Supreeth

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,386 Views)

Hey Supreeth welcome to the club

Best Yoda voice....

Open an box snakes you have!

Last meeting David Barr did a presentation on NXG last meeting.

You can see the GDevCon Version here

I reckon we stick it as an agenda item at the end and see what the room thinks..

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,382 Views)