CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Meeting Tuesday 11th December 2018

Thanks for the video Steve.

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(577 Views)

Steve,

So to add a little formality to my blase' comment "I'll talk about IDE extension" let me be a bit more specific.

I thought I'd share with you lovely people a little tool I created to make VI Analyzer more accessible both literally and form a psychological point of view. I'll show how I implemented this using Project Providers and a little VIPM goodness.

Looking forward to seeing everyone

Chris

Don't forget to give Kudo's for a good answer !

LabVIEW Champion
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 12 of 14
(542 Views)

Hi all

it was nice to see you after long time.

I would like to share with you static/dynamic loading subPanel VIs to memory as we discussed it. See attached code:

• static reference will break main code when subPanel VI is broken
  • static reference will sort-out VI rename
  • static reference will add VIs to EXE build
  • for not-implemented subPanels dummy VI (Template) is be used
  • one For Loop will load all subPanel VIs
    • when subPanel VI FP is still open (during development process) FP.Close and Abort will sort it out
    • VI.Name property will return name of subPanel VIs
    • and each will be opened and started and forgotten (queue message will be used to close them down when application is closed)
    • different part of code will insert new subPanel VI to subPanel Control (and remove previous one)

subPanels_static.pngLoad Static subPanels 

See you next time.

Peter

Message 13 of 14
(479 Views)

I thought it was a great meeting this time. Thanks for taking the time on that, most illuminating.

don't be a stranger Mr J

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(471 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.