From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting March 22 2016

I'm guessing we'll carry on code reviewing my project.....unless

Anyone coming back from CLA summit in Austin has something to share.

or

Anyone needs to trial some of their presentations for the e-CLA summit.

Subjects for quickfire rounds will be gratefully accepted (keep them vague)

Agenda (Under Construction)

Legal Stuff with Bernie Payne

serocor-header-logo.png

Gregs wife has kindly volunteered to talk to us about the following

•         Upcoming changes in legislation – travel and subsistence expenses and dividend taxation and how this will affect contractors/freelancers and businesses that engage with contractors
  •         Future changes in legislation - what’s coming down the line (and potential effects on contractors and companies)
  •         Contracts – common clauses, what they mean in practice and what clauses you shouldn’t agree to! (this will be applicable to companies and contractors alike)

Graphical User Interface Design

Quickfire round concentrating on resources for GUI design rules, techniques etc.

Books, courses, websites, vague thoughts, well researched techniques - 3 slides + Intro

The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman - Steve Watts

Some UI Stuff TBA - Greg Payne

Discussion on the concept of a group presentation on UI Design for NIDays (if there's a place for us to do it )

Graphical User Interface Techniques

Quickfire round concentrating on specific techniques within LabVIEW that you have found useful

3 slides + Intro

Graph Overlays - How To - James Powell (? Did we agree that you would show this or did I dream it?)

Lessons of the subVI call in asynchronous programming

James Powells Trial run for his CLA Summit presentation

Code Review

Carrying on from last time..No demo (I'll video the latest version prior to the meeting), but a look at the code!

Live Stream  is here

Register by sticking your name in the comments please, that way we can work out food

Love

Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32
(11,936 Views)

Great, thanks Steve.

I'll check with Bernie (my wife) to see if that day is ok to talk about the changes happening in April for ltd companies etc, if you still keen?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32
(8,991 Views)

yup!,

On a similar note I'm trying to rustle up a legal person to talk contracts at us.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(8,991 Views)

If you don't get someone, Bernie is a lawyer so she knows contracts backwards.

Message 4 of 32
(8,991 Views)

Hi Steve.

Just spoken to Bernie and she said she can make it and can also talk about contracts if you want.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(8,991 Views)

Sweet!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(8,991 Views)

Hi Steve & Greg,

Hope all is going well!?

You`ve got me curious now with all this talk of contracts and legal people .... am I missing something ?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32
(8,991 Views)

Added to my calendar - see you there.

S.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(8,991 Views)

Hi, I'm planning to come. Lucy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32