From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 9th June 2020

Hi All,

The next meeting with be on the 9th June. Obviously COVID-19 still presents a challenge so we shall have to see closer to the time if this will be online or in person.

You can register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cslug-june-2020-registration-102689735764 and I will keep you updated here as well.

So if you have something you would like to talk about (which would work remotely or in person) then let me know below!

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 1 of 10
(5,983 Views)

Hi James,

It seems like the registration is not available or at least the "Sales Ended" at the link you have posted.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,951 Views)

James 

If you ask people to add the date to their calendars and then just email the zoom link out on the day. It worked well last time. looking forward to another 5 points....... have you had many offers to speak....

andy 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,947 Views)

Ah yep copy-paste errors - you can register now.

@andy: yep your welcome to do that too. Registration just helps me track the level of interest (if nobody registers, should we go ahead?) - and it will be necessary if it is in person (though I put those odds pretty low right now)

No speakers planned yet - but we have a while yet 🙂

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,942 Views)

Hi Everyone,

I think it looks pretty obvious we will be remote again in June. So let me know if you have any ideas for presentations you would like to share - We will probably aim for the same format again 2 shorter and 1 longer or 2 longer presentations.

Let me know if you have ideas or you'll have to listen to me again!

Cheers,

James

P.S if you haven't seen it already check out VIWeek: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Random-Ramblings-on-LabVIEW/VIWeek-Making-Trouble-Again/bc-p/4044326

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,845 Views)

Hi Folks,

No takers for presentation? Guess you'll get me again then! And I'll speak to the wider community to see who might be free.

I can do a talk on unit testing. It's been a while and it would be great to do an update. Theres a few common questions that have come up lately that I can talk to.

I think it would be good to get someone to talk about interfaces as well. I can whip up an example of where I would have used them in the project but it can't just be me for 2 hours so if anyone is interested or excited by them and fancies talking about the new things we can do with them then just shout.

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,802 Views)

Hi All,

I hope your all ready for another virtual CSLUG next week! The format will be the same as last time around - running from 12.30 to around 2pm.

I'm just confirming the last slot but a rough agenda (that I may reorder a bit) is:

• Unit Testing LabVIEW in 2020 - James McNally - It's been a while since I spoke about this topic which I think is still under-used in LabVIEW. I'll give an overview and focus on what tools and techniques are available today.
  • TLS in LabVIEW 2020 - Sam Sharp - Sam has been doing some work with the new TLS functions in LabVIEW 2020 so I've asked if he can give us introduction to them.
  • TBC
James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,760 Views)

Hi All,

I can confirm the final slot will be Tom McQuillan who is going to talk about some of the new features available in LabVIEW 2020.

So the agenda will be:

12.30 - 1: New Features in LabVIEW 2020: Tom McQuillan, Scientifica

1 - 1.30: TLS in LabVIEW 2020: Sam Sharp, Media Mongrels
1.30 - 1.45: Coffe Break/Discussion

1.45 - 2.15: Unit Testing: James McNally, Wiresmith

I can run long or short with mine so we can be flexible based on discussions and timings.

I'll post the details for the zoom on here before the meeting. See you next week!

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
Message 8 of 10
(5,735 Views)

Morning all! Here are the details for the zoom call today:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88169213261?pwd=TVA0akw4emQ3bTRuQTRSSWhrc3k3Zz09

Meeting ID: 881 6921 3261
Password: 489334
One tap mobile
+442034815240,,88169213261#,,1#,489334# United Kingdom
+441314601196,,88169213261#,,1#,489334# United Kingdom

Dial by your location
        +44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
        +44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
        +44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
        +44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 881 6921 3261
Password: 489334
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kj6wJrqxL

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,695 Views)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for attending today. Just to confirm for everyone that was registered and everyone who's email I already have I'll send those to NI for recertification points.

If for any reason you do not want me to share that with NI please send me a private message before Friday.

What I'll do going forward is make sure we get the information in the eventbrite registration to make this easier (and give you an opt out) and make sure we don't miss anyone.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,657 Views)