CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 8th December 2020

Hello Everyone,

It feels like November is wizzing by and I realised we are only a few weeks from another CSLUG!

I'll get the registration links up soon but first, is there anyone that would like to talk? Or any topics that you are interested in hearing about? Let me know and I'll get an agenda sorted soon.

Cheers,

James

P.S. A forum update appears to have scrubbed the slug! He will return when I'm on another computer with the image.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 1 of 13
(4,106 Views)

I could use 20 minutes or so talking about the recent work I've been doing on network communication in Messenger Library, making the TCP Messengers easier to use and adding UDP Messengers.  I could also talk about applications involving multiple EXEs on the same computer interacting, rather than actual distributed systems.

Message 2 of 13
(4,085 Views)

Yes please James (Powell) - I'd like to see that. I had the idea of using a kind of "universal broadcast" message system that all my modules can use, if the modules are running in the same instance they just use a user event, to pick up the broadcasts, but I added an optional UDP "broadcast" so that other applications on the same pc could listen - I had to add a upd "server" type thing that listeners register to ask that there's one central listener (the server) that all UDP broadcasts are sent to, and then the other listeners setup their own communication with the server and it rebroadcasts them out. I'd love to hear how you do inter-app communication on the same machine too, as my approach has a few limitations!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,082 Views)

Both those topics sound perfect James. I am starting to design a system that will need multiple exe's communicating on the same or multiple PC's so this comes just at the right time. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,064 Views)

Nice - consider yourself signed up James 🙂

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,058 Views)

There is a beta version, including the UDP stuff, posted here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/JDP-Science-Tools/UDP-Messengers/m-p/4099792#M17

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,045 Views)

I can fill another spot myself this time around. I have two ideas and so would love to gauge interest:

Futures in LabVIEW

A slightly evolved version of my GLA summit talk. Futures are a way to manage asynchronous tasks and results handling by providing a placeholder which the other task/module/actor can fill in with results.

First Understandings of NoSQL

This year I've looked at a few different NoSQL databases. I could introduce what I've learnt, my understanding of the use cases and how to mix SQL and NoSQL. There wont be any LabVIEW since I've not integrated LabVIEW with these. But it might be interested if you've heard of things like MongoDB and Redis and want to understand what they are for.

Let me know if there are preferences between these.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,000 Views)

Hi James, 

I'm keen to hear about NoSQL if there is any other interest.

Cheers, 

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,998 Views)

happy to learn any of the above James

have i missed the meeting invite?

Cheers

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,985 Views)

No thats just me slacking. Should be up tomorrow.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,977 Views)