CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 17th September 2020

Hi Everyone,

Hope things are starting to get back to normal again for you all.

We are coming up to another CSLUG which is in for 17th September 2020. The format will be the same as the previous online events - around 12.30 - 2.30pm with a 10m break.

You can register for tickets at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cslug-september-2020-tickets-108870328082. Please register if you plan to attend. That allows me to track interest and if you are registered through eventbrite I can share your details with National Instruments to get your recertification points.

I'm also looking for people who would like to speak. Anything from 10m to 40m can work and it can be about specific technical topics, design or just a show and tell of what you are working on.

Post a reply on this topic or contact me directly if you are interested.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 1 of 7
(3,116 Views)

I could talk about something if you're needing speakers.  Though it need to decide what that is.  Anyone interested in an overview of "Messenger Library"?

Message 2 of 7
(3,107 Views)

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the radio silence - baby Lily decided to join us a couple of weeks ago and has been keeping me busy!

I'll get back to speed over the next couple of days but I think we are looking good. Fabiola from Delacor has offered to give a remote presentation (as getting her in person isn't looking likely any time soon!)

I'd love you take you up on a session as well James. An intro to messenger would be great as I think there are some really good ideas in there. (I'm especially enamoured with the ideas of getting a Futures API into the LabVIEW ecosystem)

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,020 Views)

Congratulations James!

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,985 Views)

Hi All,

Not long now! If you haven't already registered through eventbrite then please do (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cslug-september-2020-tickets-108870328082) - they now send out the zoom links and track attendance so I can send the list off to NI for certification points.

This CSLUG will be a bit more architecture focused. We will have:

• James Powell (JDP Science) talking about his messenger framework. Its got some really interesting components that others don't so expect some great inspiration at the very least.
  • Fabiola De La Cueva (Delacor) is going to talk through their recent DQMH 5.0 release including why they made some key architectural changes.

Look forward to (virtually) seeing you all there!

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,910 Views)

Here is a zip containing the examples from teh Messenger-Library talk, plus a PDF of the slides.  The YouTube example code installs with Messenger Library at

<LabVIEW>\examples\JDP Science\Messenger Library\YouTube Main Example Project

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,838 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,833 Views)