CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 17th December 2015

Could you expand on what you mean by distribution? Do you mean project delivery/deploy or a toolkit distro?

(1,947 Views)

Anything that springs to mind matey, I have no preconceived ideas

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(1,947 Views)

Steve,

Bearing in mind that the Error Management is a tricky, hard, difficult topic, I think that in addition to the Error Handling/Strategy/etc presentations,we could have a debate about how an error strategy should be, in the same way we tried to do with the frameworks, I am guessing that we will have different points of view, but we will also have common beliefs. Ideally we would define an ideal error handling strategy, then we could argue how to implement this in LabVIEW?

What do you reckon?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(1,947 Views)

I tend to agree Jarobit,

I'm thinking we do the presentations (discouraging interuptions), and then we leave time at the end for discussions. I think from that we could make a note of areas that need more input and maybe carry over to the next meeting if need be.

As a bonus it's a great way to pull apart a subject from multiple points of view.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,947 Views)

Hi all,

My name is Arthur and I will be coming to the meeting for the first time

Just for a quick presentation, I'm an engineer working on flight control systems using NI-RT & MS

I could finally allocate some time to get there!

See you there,

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(1,947 Views)

Welcome Arthur,

Flight control systems.......interesting.

One area I like at the moment is taking LabVIEW outside of the test arena.

See you next month

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(1,947 Views)

Still looking for more material,

volunteers please pipe up, any new voice will supplant this grumpy old one!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,947 Views)

How about a quickfire subject: "UI tricks"?  There are lots of interesting UI tricks.  I can do one on the "PlotImages" Graph Property.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(1,947 Views)

I like it! I can do something for that subject!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,947 Views)

Would anyone be interested in doing a code review on my oscilloscope project?. We have formal code review procedures that we can apply.

I think it may be a useful exercise.

Sorry: I meant this as part of the User Group session not as a request for help, thanks to those that offered their services it was very kind and appreciated!

Message was edited by: swatts

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Message 20 of 27
(1,947 Views)