CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 16th March 2021

Hi Everyone,

Just a few weeks out to the first CSLUG of 2021. I'm still building out an agenda so I would love to hear from you if:

• Have ideas for something you want to present. This can be an interesting technique, library, idea or just a walkthough of something you have worked on.
  • Have something you want to hear about but you don't want to present on it. Maybe some ideas you keep hearing about that you want to learn more but haven't found the time. We can then see if we can find a speaker to match.

Registration is now open on eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cslug-march-2021-tickets-141824969301 - if you want recertification points please register through eventbrite, I use that list to send to NI to get the points assigned (after checking you attended!)

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,929 Views)

We've been doing some stuff on the automated testing of LabVIEW applications using a desktop/web application testing tool (TestComplete). It's an interesting tool but somewhat hindered by LabVIEW's windowing/UI rendering so could introduce the tool and talk about how we've gotten around some of its shortcomings. I (perhaps with a co-presenter) would be happy to talk about this in March.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,900 Views)

That sounds interesting to me. I've considered using python to script some system testing by automating the UI but probably ran into the same problems! Would love to see how you've overcome them.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,896 Views)

I've been forced to use WireShark for one of my jobs and I've gone from reluctant user to being blown away by the power of it.

Anyone interested in a fairly open poke around with it? Sharing rather than teaching as I'm not very far into it.

For us programmers it looks brilliant at deciphering protocols and analysing and understanding network traffic.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,884 Views)

I have been a  'shallow' user - so more insight into the tool would be very useful.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,874 Views)

Just to clarify - I was referring to wireshark.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,866 Views)

Excellent - Steve and Sam it is then!

Thanks for volunteering.

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,853 Views)

Thanks for a great CSLUG yesterday. Tried WireShark this morning and it helped me diagnose an issue I've been having for a while with pinging PC's over a VPN. 

Message 8 of 10
(3,766 Views)

Hi Guys,

Due to popular request I did hit record for Sam's presentation which is now on Youtube at https://youtu.be/FLHijCm5fJM

Having discussed it in the meeting I'll aim to record these all going forward and posting them up.

Cheers,
James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
Message 9 of 10
(3,753 Views)

Nice to see everyone yesterday.

I mentioned Packet Tracer as another useful way to understand network traffic and infrastructure. I learnt about it doing a Udemy networking course.

https://www.netacad.com/courses/packet-tracer

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,748 Views)