From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourselves

Hi All,

My name is David Gray, I'm a CLA. I have been usig LabVIEW for the last 5 years in to create novel measurement tools for the photonics academic field, I'm a photonic scientist who is moving towards engineering. I specilise in complex system, signal processing, interferometric measureements and system calbration. Linkedin profile can be found

here and my research acumen can be found here.

I've recently taken up a post with Infinitesima, which is based in Abingdon, near Oxford. This will give me expsure to statecharts, real-time NI hardware, FPGA and commertial measurement deployment.

I'm looking to develop a career around LabVIEW, interfacing between commertial, innovation, science and engieering people.

I'm looking foward to being involved in the local LabVIEW communitiy.

Cheers

David

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 76
(5,368 Views)

Hi David,

Welcome to the group

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Message 32 of 76
(5,368 Views)

Hi All

I am Dr Fouad Aldawi, I have been using LabVIEW for 10 yeas.

I am using LabVIEW with ultrasonic signals to design auto inspection systems using for aircraft

manufacturing companies.

I have deigned 3 systems so far (6 axis, 3 axis and 2 axis).

Welcome to any one need help in this area.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 76
(5,368 Views)

Hi

When is the meeting ?

Can I attend?

Dr Fouad Aldawi

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 76
(5,368 Views)

Hi Dr Aldawi, Welcome

If you follow this link all info is here. https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/cslug?view=discussions

Meeting is on the 19th July at Newbury from 12:00

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 76
(5,368 Views)

Hello

I have been lurking on the CSLUG page since meeting some of you fine CSLUGers at the Newbury CLD conference last year and thought I should finally introduce myself before attending the meetup tomorrow (19th July).

I am John Medland, an electronic engineer at the ISIS Spallation Neutron Source at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell, Oxfordshire.

I currently have a CLD and I am pesimistically waiting for the result of my July CLA examination.

I work with a small team who develop proton beam diagnostic system using NI Hardware and develop LabVIEW applications for both accelerator control and monitoring and for accelerator physics experiments.

I help organise the RAL User Group and enjoy chatting about LabVIEW and software development in general.

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 76
(5,368 Views)

Hi John,

You get the prize for the best member name. Whens the ETA for your CLA results?

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 76
(5,368 Views)

Hi Steve

I sat my exam on the 1st July and was told it takes about four to six weeks.

I have some real beef with the multiple QMH pattern that is perhaps the 'standard' approach so I attempted something that I would actually use in the real world. I am interested in what the examiner thought of my approach so I am keen to see the feedback.

The downside of this approach is that it takes longer to spin up so I did not get the covers/functionality in that I would have liked.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 76
(5,368 Views)

Hi

I will attend tommorow.

Dr Aldawi

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 76
(5,368 Views)

Samantha.jpg

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 76
(5,372 Views)