CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

Re: Introduce yourselves

Hi All,

My name is David Gray, I'm a CLA. I have been usig LabVIEW for the last 5 years in to create novel measurement tools for the photonics academic field, I'm a photonic scientist who is moving towards engineering. I specilise in complex system, signal processing, interferometric measureements and system calbration. Linkedin profile can be found

here and my research acumen can be found here.

I've recently taken up a post with Infinitesima, which is based in Abingdon, near Oxford. This will give me expsure to statecharts, real-time NI hardware, FPGA and commertial measurement deployment.

I'm looking to develop a career around LabVIEW, interfacing between commertial, innovation, science and engieering people.

I'm looking foward to being involved in the local LabVIEW communitiy.

Cheers

David

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 71
(1,743 Views)

Hi David,

Welcome to the group

Message 32 of 71
(1,743 Views)

Hi All

I am Dr Fouad Aldawi, I have been using LabVIEW for 10 yeas.

I am using LabVIEW with ultrasonic signals to design auto inspection systems using for aircraft

manufacturing companies.

I have deigned 3 systems so far (6 axis, 3 axis and 2 axis).

Welcome to any one need help in this area.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 71
(1,743 Views)

Hi

When is the meeting ?

Can I attend?

Dr Fouad Aldawi

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 71
(1,743 Views)

Hi Dr Aldawi, Welcome

If you follow this link all info is here. https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/cslug?view=discussions

Meeting is on the 19th July at Newbury from 12:00

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 71
(1,743 Views)

Hello

I have been lurking on the CSLUG page since meeting some of you fine CSLUGers at the Newbury CLD conference last year and thought I should finally introduce myself before attending the meetup tomorrow (19th July).

I am John Medland, an electronic engineer at the ISIS Spallation Neutron Source at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell, Oxfordshire.

I currently have a CLD and I am pesimistically waiting for the result of my July CLA examination.

I work with a small team who develop proton beam diagnostic system using NI Hardware and develop LabVIEW applications for both accelerator control and monitoring and for accelerator physics experiments.

I help organise the RAL User Group and enjoy chatting about LabVIEW and software development in general.

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 71
(1,743 Views)

Hi John,

You get the prize for the best member name. Whens the ETA for your CLA results?

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 71
(1,743 Views)

Hi Steve

I sat my exam on the 1st July and was told it takes about four to six weeks.

I have some real beef with the multiple QMH pattern that is perhaps the 'standard' approach so I attempted something that I would actually use in the real world. I am interested in what the examiner thought of my approach so I am keen to see the feedback.

The downside of this approach is that it takes longer to spin up so I did not get the covers/functionality in that I would have liked.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 71
(1,743 Views)

Hi

I will attend tommorow.

Dr Aldawi

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 71
(1,743 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 71
(1,747 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.