CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to MySQL Database

Thanks Steve, I`ll have a look into Navicat. Hopefully by the time we all meet again i`ll have it up and running. I`ll also try our IT department as they already use several SQL databases and we might have something I can just use.

Hopefully I`ll be able to attend the next meet, i`m in a new company now so still getting a feel for attending events, etc

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(2,715 Views)

I've uploaded a video on SQL, Navicat etc

Hope it helps

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Message 12 of 23
(2,715 Views)

Thank you Steve, I`ll have a look at that.

I`ve been given a copy of MyWorkbench from MySQL by IT, seems ok so far .....

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(2,715 Views)

I always found myworkbench to be great for database design but not so good for SQL creation. That said it gets updated fairly often.

I think it may be a good subject for the group.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(2,715 Views)

I would have to agree, I`ve tried the `Create New Table` SQL code generator in My Workbench and the SQL code did not work. I had to modify it myself ..... not great. But its reasonably friendly to use apart from that.

I`m not sure how many of us use SQL but I would imagine the majority do. I think your right it might be a useful subject.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(2,715 Views)

Hi Steve,

Im currently working with a My SQL database and would really appreciate it if you could let me have a copy of the modified tcp connection tool kit if its easy to get your hands on?

Are you guys still planning to discuss the my sql database subject at the next user group meeting?

Cheers

Ian

Billican
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(2,715 Views)

I'll try and get it to you Tuesday mate, I'm having 2 days off in Brighton   

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(2,715 Views)

Folks,

I've been using the MySQL toolkit from Saphir for the past 18 months. It comes with good documentation and makes connection very simply for first timers. I agree that paying for something feels kind of wrong when there are free toolkits available but in this case the customer needs access in future to the source. Having them use a supported albeit paid for toolkit made sense.

There are enough syntax changes between MySQL and SQL Server 2012 to make building queries enough of a pain anyway.....

Chris

Don't forget to give Kudo's for a good answer !

LabVIEW Champion
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(2,715 Views)

Thank you both.

Steve, enjoy the delights of Brighton!

Chris, thanks for the tip. I shall have a look at the Saphir toolkit.

Hope your both well.

Billican
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(2,715 Views)

Right Ian,

Back from Brighton.

The files you need are here

>>CSLUG>> MySQL.zip

it's in LV2013 and if you open the lvlib you'll find an example.

If you need help creating queries, I use this tool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2aSaiWKrv0

It's about £80 from Navicat

With regards the next meeting, I think it's going to end up being drinks after the CLD Summit (as most of us will be around then)

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(2,715 Views)