CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSLUG September 2022

Hi Everyone,

Great news - Sam Sharp has organised for us to be able to meet at Agilent this month. This is on the Harwell Campus near Didcot.

We will be meeting in the afternoon instead from 1.30pm so there will not be lunch provided. I welcome feedback on this but right now it greatly simplifies the organisation.

In person attendees can sign up at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cslug-september-2022-in-person-tickets-414555926937

For virtual attendees, you can sign up directly to the teams stream at https://bit.ly/CSLUG-Sept2022-Virtual

I still need speakers so if you have something to talk about, please let me know.

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 1 of 13
(2,739 Views)

If the weather is nice, we could meet first for lunch at Dish, nearby.

Message 2 of 13
(2,714 Views)

Hi James,

I signed up on Eventbrite. Looking forward to seeing everyone in person again!

I'd be happy to do a ten-minute presentation on an open-source, community tool named "New VI From Template" that I've been working on, and that I aim to publish before the 27th.

Thanks,
Petru

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,617 Views)

I could demonstrate something I had to skip at gdevcon due to lack of time.  It's a log file viewer.  Would be 10 to 15 minutes.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,537 Views)

Petru & James,

That would be great thank you.

I'd like to take 10-15 minutes to discuss my plans for CSLUG as well going forward. Nothing dramatic that hasn't been on here! Just to gather any feedback.

If there are no other takers I could fill a technical slot first, either talking about the latest changes to G CLI or to work out some ideas that I want to explore about data structures and performance in LabVIEW if either sound interesting.

More than happy to have some new faces though if anyone else has ideas.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
Message 5 of 13
(2,504 Views)

Hi James,

Thanks. I'll prepare a 5 to 10 minute demo/presentation of the "New VI From Template" tool.

If there are no other takers I could fill a technical slot first, either talking about the latest changes to G CLI or to work out some ideas that I want to explore about data structures and performance in LabVIEW if either sound interesting.

Both sound interesting!

Thanks,
Petru

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,497 Views)

Hi, I have a 15 minute section I could do on pipes, a Windows .NET implementation for cross process communication

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,486 Views)

Hi Mike,

I appreciate this is short notice for a confirmation but if you are still happy to do this tomorrow that would be great!

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,412 Views)

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

The tentative agenda is below - bit of a strange one this time with lots of short demos/presentations but I think that could be quite interesting! It means I'm less sure on breaking it up so we may adjust on the day as needed.

•1.30 – Introduction – James and Sam

•1.45 – New VI From Template – Petru

•2.00 – Log File Viewer UI – James Powell

•Break

•2.45 – Named Pipes on Windows – MikeB

•3.05 – Memory Layout and Performance – James McNally

•3.30 – CSLUG update and wrap up

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
Message 9 of 13