From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSLUG December 2022

Hi Everyone,

With the aim of missing a certain C word happening in December we will be meeting a little earlier in the month on the 8th December from 1.30pm - 4pm.

Rutherford Appleton Labs (RAL) are kindly hosting us and so we hope to have a few new faces as well. If you haven't been it is based just outside Didcot, right next to Agilent where we met last time! (https://goo.gl/maps/qFL8HYuAUaFiD96E8)

I'll bet getting the proper event links up soon. But in the meantime if you, or someone you know would like to present - please let me know.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 1 of 8
(2,172 Views)

Hi Everyone,

In Person registration is now live at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cslug-december-2022-in-person-tickets-464218428817

Virtual registration is live here. Timezones are looking weird as I'm in Munich for NI Connect. It should be 1.30 start GMT. If you see otherwise, let me know!

We are still looking for speakers if you have anything you would like to share. It can be 10-45 minutes on anything related to LabVIEW development. Or if there are talks you have seen elsewhere but would like the speaker to join us, let me know.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,126 Views)

Did I ever do anything on Open Document Format....

I have Open source plans for this.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,104 Views)

Since we are at RAL, I could present on a project I code for a group there.  It is code for an installed dome on the roof of one of RAL building containing two solar-tracker mirror assemblies, each using the light from the sun to make atmospheric measurements.   I've been using the latest TCP communication development in Messenger Library to allow the project to have multiple EXEs communication with each other.

Message 4 of 8
(2,088 Views)

@swattsif you did it is a while ago, would you like to refresh us??

@drjdpowellthat sounds fantastic if you are happy to do that, how long would you want?

We also have Gary Boorman who has offered to give a talk on cRIO module development. At Angara they have developed a couple now so its an opportunity to peek under the hood of cRIO.

If time allows I can also do a quick demo from my Python presentation at NI Connect showing Python and OpenCV from LabVIEW

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,058 Views)

Had a feeling I had.

I'd rather hear the others and yours, so will withdraw to give them room.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,032 Views)

I would guestimate 30 minutes.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,019 Views)

Hi Everyone,

I'm afraid my wife is ill so I can't attend CSLUG today.

The in person event will still go ahead as there is more than enough experience in the room to continue!

But the streaming is cancelled as I have all the setup for that and can't drop it to someone else last minute.

So sorry to those of you joining remotely.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
Message 8 of 8
(1,881 Views)