CLD Summit Presentations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Oriented Programming in LabVIEW

Overview

Understand how LabVIEW Actor framework works. How to send messages between actors. and also perform different task based on the message data.

Description

Learn how to create multi loop application more efficiently using LabVIEW Actor Framework. 

Hardware and Software Requirements

LabVIEW 2016 or Higher

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1> Open the project. Run the launch.vi

2> Click on Open chat box from Shubhajit and Anna both Actors.

3> Send Messages from Shubhajit's Chatbox to Anna to see automated Reply by Anna.

Example drama script - 

Hi

Good morning

how are you

i'm fine

what can you do for me?

ok, tell me a joke

what !

ok fine

bye

Additional Information or References

install Windows Speach SDK 5.1 which can be found  @

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10121

Comments
சிவபாலன்
on

Hi 

The PPT is not opening properly in my system. Can you convert as a PDF and upload?

Thanks

Sivabalan Veluchamy

meBaga
on
Ajay_MV
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Hi Subhajith @meBaga,

I got a chance to look at your example (Drama.lvproj).  That's attractive example as it shows up as artificial intelligence example where computer responds to our messages.  🙂  Thanks for that.

I was looking for the abstract messaging (of AF messages) in that example.  Is that example implemented with AF abstracted messages? 

I assumed abstracted messages should be implemented with inherited classes from AF-message class.  Am I missing something here?

I thought that the message should be dynamically dispatched as like below.

Screenshot 18-11-2017 171523.png

There is no inheritance of message class

Screenshot 18-11-2017 170136.png

Thanks,

Ajay.

--
Ajay MV

meBaga
on

Hello Ajay, 

Sorry for late reply, correct me if I have misunderstood your doubt.

In this case the Actor messages are not inherited from the Actor class not from each other also. Each messages are inherited from the Actor Message class. The Root Actor is used to launch the two nested actors and each actor has their own message.

As the property of the Root actor and the nested actors are not same, they must not be inherited. These actors and messages are independent of each other making low coupling between them.

Also for your reference ,

In OOP Scenario, when a class is inherited from another class, the relationship is called "Parent Class - Child Class"

In Actor Framework, when an actor launch another actor, the relationship is called "Root Actor - Nested Actor"

Contributors