CLD Summit Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call for Presentations : India CLD Summit 2018

As this year's India CLD Summit chair and co-chair,we are glad to announce that  the"India CLD Summit 2018" is going to be held on September 19,2018 at Bengaluru. This year's CLD Summit theme would be "Managing LabVIEW Teams for Excellence".

This is the official call for presentation and we would encourage you to submit your presentation, desires, wishes on above mentioned theme. If interested in presenting, submit your presentation´s title, abstract and desired allocated time below.

Whether you are working individually or as a part of team, you require to share your codes with other developers and customers. This year's conference is based on improving your expertise on developing, sharing, and maintaining a code while working with other fellow developers. Please share your challenges and best solutions used to overcome these challenges. The practices can range from Software engineering methods, source code controls,code sharing techniques, project progress tracking, and other best practices while working with a team of developers.

The CLD Summit is open only to current NI CLD's and CLA's .Even ideas for topics to be covered are welcome to be posted on this page. The success of this event is entirely dependent on participation from the developer community.

Message 1 of 19
(7,276 Views)

Hello,

My name is Akshat Saxena ( CLD) and i have published a paper on HIL testing using NI LabVIEW and NI PXI. I want to present my paper in CLD summit.  

Absrtact : 

Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation, or HIL, is a technique that is used in the development and test of complex real-time embedded systems. HIL simulation provides an effective platform by adding the complexity of the plant under control to the test platform. The complexity of the plant under control is included in test and development by adding a mathematical representation of all related dynamic systems. These mathematical representations are referred to as the “plant simulation”. The embedded system to be tested interacts with this plant simulation. In our project, powerlift gate ECU is unit under test and we will be using LabVIEW, PXI, cDAQ and Veristand to undergo HIL testing.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(7,183 Views)

CLA Preparation Session:

Abstract:

Want to master LabVIEW and become Certified LabVIEW Architect? Then this is the session for you. I will discuss the CLA exam overview, details, preparation resources, and exam tips. 

157+ CLDs & 9 CLA Trained
LabVIEW Training resources
Message 3 of 19
(7,171 Views)

Title: Creating and Managing Reusable Code in LabVIEW

Abstract : Focusing on the use case of a developer writing code that will be used by other LabVIEW programmers on your team or in your company. Will be covering aspects of reusable code for applications as well as items of interest for individual VIs or APIs.

Regards,
Dharani | CLA | CTD
Message 4 of 19
(7,140 Views)

Hello All,

I will be presenting on Source code control e.g. tortoise SVN, GIT. I will speak how source code control can be used in multiple sites with many users for development and deployment of your software.

The presentation includes possibility of custom tool development using LabVIEW which can interface with GIT, SVN.

Thanks & Regards

Varaprasath M
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 5 of 19
(7,124 Views)

Hi All, 

I would like to suggest few topics for this event, 

1. Actor Framework (best practices)

2. Unit test framework

3. LabVIEW Tools Network

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(7,093 Views)

Hi mini09,

Would you like to present or you want others to present on these topics. If you want to present please try to keep the topic narrow and deep.

Also the presentation has to be aligned with the theme. This year's theme is 'Managing LabVIEW teams for Excellence.'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(7,061 Views)

Hi,

I would like to deliver a presentation on Continuous Integration and Continuous Test Using Jenkins and Accurev SCC tool

Abstract:

Working with team of developers will always result in code breakages overnight. As a developer, Are you tired of checking out the latest code from the SCC and only to find that code can't be executed? I will discuss how nightly builds can help sort out these issues and help save productive time.

Has your previous software features stopped working after subsequent releases? I will discuss how Continuous Test will serve as Regression Test methodology.

The presentation will also include Idea exchange to give collective feedback for the betterment of LabVIEW tool.

Thanks & Regards
Temin
Message 8 of 19
(6,986 Views)

Abstract: 

I would like to present on NI Requirements Gateway: LabVIEW Software Engineering Project Management (SEPM), Best Practices, and Alternatives. Smaller LabVIEW projects may be easier to manage but if you are developing a large complex and critical application in multiple developers environment then you need to have tools to track and manage your project. I will discuss about the competitive advantage that NI Requirements Gateway provides to your development team, its best practices and alternative ways to perform SEPM.

Message 9 of 19
(6,974 Views)

Hello All,

Title - Agile/Scrum and Software Engineering Practices

Abstract - Sharing light on basic agile/scrum methodologies and how Agile/Scrum will be useful in LabVIEW.  

Large and complex LabVIEW codes are not easy to manage and test. So proper planning and testing will help to reduce the problem. I will dicuss how LabVIEW is inherently very suitable for reducing the Testing cycle time in the Agile development model.

Message 10 of 19
(6,870 Views)