Hi BC LabVIEW Users!
I hope you are all well, and getting ready to relax over the upcoming holidays!
I am looking to rejuvenate our LabVIEW User Group meetings in the new year, and host a meeting in late January. I plan to give a presentation on Malleable VI's. However we will need one or two other presentations to make the meeting worthwhile. So I'm looking for volunteers to give a presentation. For those of you who will need to re-certify, giving a presentation will give you 10 point towards this (total 50 required). If you would like to present, please e-mail me at email@example.com. See below for presentation ideas.
Tentative date is Wednesday January 29th, 2020, at 6:00 pm
I am working with NI to secure a venue for this meeting, however if anyone has a venue available, please let me know.
Some ideas for presentations include:
- Technical Presentation: Pick a feature of Labview that is of interest to you and discuss.
- Code Review: Show some code you have developed... no presentation required, can be open discussion.
- Case Study: Show how you have solved a particular problem, or present a case study already prepared from here: http://www.ni.com/innovations-library/case-studies/
- Also see ideas in this thread from a couple years ago: https://forums.ni.com/t5/British-Columbia-LabVIEW-User/BC-LabVIEW-User-Group-Future-Topics-and-Activ...
John Gibb, P.Eng., CLA
Solved! Go to Solution.
It is very nice to hear from you again here in BC LabVIEW User Group.
And thank you for taking the initiative to rejuvenate this forum, it's been a while.
To all fellow LabVIEW users, let's support John for this potential upcoming event.
What I can share at the moment is the re-certification by points helped me a lot in renewing mine recently - another 4 years of active LabVIEW certification is not bad at all (We can guide you through on this).
This also gives us the chance keep in touch with each other, sharing our experiences with LabVIEW, etc.
Let us know if we can be of any help for anything.
Good to hear from you as well! Hard to believe it has been over two years since the last meeting! Preparations are coming along, but slowly.
To All BCLUG,
Update on meeting:
- Date is looking more like Feb 5th now.
- Chris from Testforce has generously offered to supply food and drink for the event.
- Currently still trying to secure a venue. I should have found out if we can hold it at our facility today... but snow had other ideas!
- Currently have two presentations. A third would be great if anyone is able to.
I will send out an agenda prior to the meeting.
Hi BC LabVIEW Users,
Quick update on the upcoming user group meeting:
- I have managed to secure a room at BCIT (room SW3-2745). Both NI and TestForce have offered to cover the cost, so all good there.
- We will likely have meeting registration information sent out early next week, to get an idea of attendance for food planning.
- I will be taking attendance at the meeting and forwarding to NI, so all of you wanting re-certification point will get them.
Testforce is the new exclusive contracted Supplier for all NI products in Canada including Labview. We are sponsoring this event. With that said can you please register below so we can get an accurate count of attendees. I will be providing beverages as attendance dictates
Just to clarify beverages and food will be provided!
Also, msg from Chris... he is busy all morning in meetings in case anyone is trying to get a hold of him.
Hi BC LabVIEW Users,
Quick reminder of the meeting tonight. BCIT Burnaby Campus, room SW3-2745 @ 6:00. Please try to arrive early so we can get started right as 6:00 as we have a full agenda (see below).
Thank you to those that have already registered. If you are planning to attend and would like food and drink please register here: https://marketing.testforce.com/acton/media/35013/ni-labview-user-group-meeting-bcit
Pizza will be ordered from La Ruota, who have a great cauliflower crust option. So if you have an intolerance to wheat, please let me or Chris know so we get enough of this option.
Looking forward to seeing you tonight!
One more update... they have requested we park in Parking Lot P4, P6, or P9 (see attached map)
See you soon,
Thank you to all those that came to the meeting last Wednesday. Attached is the overview presentation I gave to start the meeting. I will post the Malleable VI presentation in another thread.
I will look into organizing another for June 2020 time frame as discussed.
Also, attendance list was sent to NI re-certification this morning for awarding points. Please let me know if you have any trouble receiving your points.