From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spambots again

I feel the spams are tacked well recently. I got a message and wanted to click it to report it but was deleted almost immediately. By thiis guy

0 Kudos
Message 181 of 195
(3,879 Views)

The problem with spam filters (among other things) is when they are working you don't really notice, only when it doesn't work do people get up in arms.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

0 Kudos
Message 182 of 195
(3,863 Views)

Just came to know that there is community called ENABLED.  But the message board is hit with spam . Cant these messages be removed.  Some messages are like 2 months old.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/regional/india?view=discussions

0 Kudos
Message 183 of 195
(3,826 Views)

Well, to be fair, the spam is for India... 😉

(3,821 Views)

@muks wrote:

Just came to know that there is community called ENABLED.  But the message board is hit with spam . Cant these messages be removed.  Some messages are like 2 months old.

Thanks for noticing.

There is a "report abuse" link when looking at one of those posts to alert the moderator. I just did, so hopefully it will all be cleaned up soon.

0 Kudos
Message 185 of 195
(3,816 Views)
@tst
The spam is from India as well 😞
-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 186 of 195
(3,804 Views)

Why doesnt the forum ban the user name?

0 Kudos
Message 187 of 195
(3,798 Views)

I remember seeing in this thread that labview board was hit badly. Was is by the same user?

0 Kudos
Message 188 of 195
(3,795 Views)
May be the same user or a group with frequent different user name. I feel there must be a restriction on creating user name from a same IP or something similar.
-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 189 of 195
(3,792 Views)

Yes and creating a username every time you want to spam will atleast create a speed bump.  Is jordan listening 

0 Kudos
Message 190 of 195
(3,786 Views)