From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching tips

How do I search for a post that I was involved in a while back on a particular subject?

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,139 Views)
Click on 'Advanced' enter a keyword or two in the search phrases, enter your user name in the Return Only Posts Written By box and you should have it.  Can't remember a keyword?  Just click on your user name and select Find all Posts by this user
Message 2 of 7
(7,136 Views)

You can do quite the same by clicking on your login name. This will forward to your profile. You should see a box "Recent Posts". On the bottom of this box is a link called "Find all posts by this user". The posts are sorted by posting time "new to old". So if the post is not too old, you should it find in one of the first pages.

If its quite old, it's probably faster to search for the subject keyword.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,118 Views)

Norbert B wrote:

...So if the post is not too old, you should it find in one of the first pages.

Norbert

Smiley Surprised

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 7
(7,113 Views)

Ben wrote:

Norbert B wrote:

...So if the post is not too old, you should it find in one of the first pages.

Norbert

Smiley Surprised

Ben

Not everyone on this forum has 10-20k posts.....so maybe there are only few pages of "Recent Posts" 😉

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 5 of 7
(7,109 Views)

My favorite secret (well not anymore) search method is to click on Ben's name( its everywhere!), view his tag cloud, and select the most appropriate tag.  Works great every time!

Smiley Very Happy 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 7
(7,077 Views)

Jeff Bohrer wrote:

My favorite secret (well not anymore) search method is to click on Ben's name( its everywhere!), view his tag cloud, and select the most appropriate tag.  Works great every time!

Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks for sharing that. Yet another eason for me to do more "presearch"*. Smiley Wink

Ben

* Pun intended

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 7
(7,046 Views)