BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"What Software Developers Do When They Are Not Developing Software".

My corona/easter holiday project: Grinding a  rootstock into a table...

my childs took of the bark, I spend a day with the router ..

Topping size, form and material isn't finalized ...  toughened safety glass or 2K epoxy ....

(and the foot will be steel/aluminium) ...

rootstocktable.jpg

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 131 of 141
(5,433 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:

My corona/easter holiday project: Grinding a  rootstock into a table...

my childs took of the bark, I spend a day with the router ..

Topping size, form and material isn't finalized ...  toughened safety glass or 2K epoxy ....

(and the foot will be steel/aluminium) ...

rootstocktable.jpg

Nice!

How did the router come into play? Did you use a jig to develop the flat plane of the top?

I have seen some impressive results with epoxy. You could partially encapsulate the top in epoxy.

Nice!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 132 of 141
(5,392 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Nice!

How did the router come into play? Did you use a jig to develop the flat plane of the top?

I have seen some impressive results with epoxy. You could partially encapsulate the top in epoxy.

Nice!

Ben

Here are some more pics:

Raw

RawRaw

coarse run

Coarse grindingCoarse grinding

support build from waste 'wood' (camel mist plates 🙂 ) for the last runs

Support for last runSupport for last run

Last run sand paper ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 133 of 141
(5,365 Views)

We poured a footer yesterday in that wreck of a place. Feels good putting stuff in.

Got the garden into good shape for the growing year.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 134 of 141
(5,194 Views)

It has been just over a month since I shared the video showing the footer had been installed in the basement we hand dug.

As of this afternoon that house is now supported by concrete pillars!

This is a major milestone considering we started with rotted railroad ties lay on the ground.

The next work will involve pouring concrete walls and floor after I get the floors leveled out and back-fill the knee wall with gravel for good drainage,

Having a good time!

Ben

Message 135 of 141
(5,018 Views)

On the way back from one of my project sites, I discovered one of my trees had come down. My siblings showed up to join in the fun.

Take care,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 136 of 141
(4,886 Views)

I realize that nature and garden videos are not real popular so I will hide this in a spoiler.

Spoiler

I took a break from my primary tasks ( we are up to 17 tons of concrete in that house we are rebuildng) to try planting Egyptian Walking Onions in the orchard we call The Ridge. Since there is no protection from varmints, I have plant stuff that will not be molested by the fauna. Garlic and Onions are prime for that and can defend themselves. Since Egyptian Walking Onions are very prolific, and will replant themselves, I want to get a garden box of them growing to see how well they do left to their own means, out in the woods.

They will grow (slowly) over winter, I will have to check back in the spring to see if they are holding their own against the weeds.

Ben

Message 137 of 141
(4,788 Views)

Carefully read the label. Don't accidentally get the talking onions. 🙂

Message 138 of 141
(4,760 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Carefully read the label. Don't accidentally get the talking onions. 🙂

Unless you like music from the 40's. But don't put it in the grown and expect duplication.

Message 139 of 141
(4,757 Views)

I assembled a framework around a roller conveyor I found in a dumpster many years ago. I hope it will make the next phase of digging easier than when I man-handled the buckets up the stairs.

Spoiler

I love it when stuff pulled from the dumpster gets put to use.

"The most efficient form of recycling, is re-use."

Ben

Message 140 of 141
(4,630 Views)