BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proficiency

I'm thinking every day and i cut my meat, so i can be a brain surgeon!

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 43
(8,823 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 43
(8,759 Views)

This Codeless Code comic is about claiming stuff on your resumé that isn't true - http://thecodelesscode.com/case/187

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 43
(8,694 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

claiming stuff on your resumé that isn't true

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 43
(8,663 Views)

Whenever somebody misspells LabVIEW as LABview, labview, lab view, LabView, etc., it somehow reminds me of this old rootbeer commercial. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 43
(8,596 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Whenever somebody misspells LabVIEW as LABview, labview, lab view, LabView, etc., it somehow reminds me of this old rootbeer commercial. 😄 

Okay I heard a new one today.  I saw someone misspell LabVIEW and mentioned to them that they misspelled it.  Their reply was that LabVIEW is trademarked by NI and by law you are supposed to put the TM symbol after using it.  But if you misspell it labview then you don't.  I'm no lawer and I have no trademark experience but they said that LabVIEW's logo is registered and you can get a cease and desist if it is used without permission.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 43
(8,540 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:
[...] LabVIEW is trademarked by NI and by law you are supposed to put the TM symbol after using it.  
Same is true if you simply *say* it correctly, but you're OK if you mispronounce the capitalization.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 43
(8,533 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

Okay I heard a new one today.  I saw someone misspell LabVIEW and mentioned to them that they misspelled it.  Their reply was that LabVIEW is trademarked by NI and by law you are supposed to put the TM symbol after using it.  But if you misspell it labview then you don't.  I'm no lawer and I have no trademark experience but they said that LabVIEW's logo is registered and you can get a cease and desist if it is used without permission.

Here is a link to the NI trademark guidelines. I think even if misspelled, the trademark still applies, but it violates the following point:

• Do not alter any NI Trademark in any way. This includes without limitation abbreviating it; removing, modifying, scaling, cropping, or repositioning any elements of it; changing any color; or applying any special effects including, but not limited to animation, drop shadows, glows, textures, embossing, or distortion."

According to this point, you are not even allowed to use the word LabVIEW without following it with the word "software" 😮

• The NI Trademarks do not indicate a type of product or service; rather, they serve to distinguish NI products and services from those of others. Thus, you may not use an NI Trademark as a noun, a plural or possessive, or a verb. The NI Trademark must be followed by the appropriate noun indicating the product or service type (for example "LabVIEW software").

Hey, you are not even allowed to used it as part of a sentence!

• Do not use any NI Trademark in a repeating pattern or as part of a word or sentence.

I guess we are all in violation! 😄

Maybe  LogoPermissionRequests@ni.com should clarify our concerns. 😉

Hmmm.... It also means that we are not allowed to leave the default icon when building a standalone application:

• Do not use any NI Trademark on, or as an element or feature of, a software program or other good (including without limitation as an icon).

If this were important, the builder should not allow us to use the default icon, so what gives?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 43
(8,532 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Here is a link to the NI trademark guidelines. I think even if misspelled, the tremark still applies, but it violates the following point:

• Do not alter any NI Trademark in any way. This includes without limitation abbreviating it; removing, modifying, scaling, cropping, or repositioning any elements of it; changing any color; or applying any special effects including, but not limited to animation, drop shadows, glows, textures, embossing, or distortion."

According to this point, you are not even allowed to use the word LabVIEW without following it with the word "software" 😮

• The NI Trademarks do not indicate a type of product or service; rather, they serve to distinguish NI products and services from those of others. Thus, you may not use an NI Trademark as a noun, a plural or possessive, or a verb. The NI Trademark must be followed by the appropriate noun indicating the product or service type (for example "LabVIEW software").

Hey, you are not even allowed to used it as part of a sentence!

• Do not use any NI Trademark in a repeating pattern or as part of a word or sentence.

I guess we are all in violation! 😄

If that is the case, NI has lost their right to protect their trademark because they've not defended it against this collection of egregious violation.  The pattern has been set.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 43
(8,521 Views)

Dilbert - Buggy People.gif

Message 30 of 43
(8,496 Views)