From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plea for filtering bad words in message as well as in user id

I am also glad that I was able to delete the message quickly - thanks to everyone that took time to report the message to me. 

I can only imagine what my inbox would have looked like if that message had been posted at 2 am Central instead of 8 am!!

It does appear the message was deleted before being mirrored to the newsgroups.

Thanks,

Laura

Message 11 of 24
(6,404 Views)
I guess you have to depend on people on the east coast. Us in the west get up way too late 😄
Message 12 of 24
(6,392 Views)
So....  Ben has a Bat-Phone for you, Laura? Smiley Very Happy
Message 13 of 24
(6,377 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote: Since that message got pulled down so fast, I thought Mathan was referring to the original poster's user name which didn't seem like it should be offensive, nor did the message text say anything out of line.

Ravens, sorry for the confusion. See the time at which the second post was entered. Its 8:06 am and at 8:10 am the fellow (Ben pointed out) posted a very rude post having too many harsh words. I reported in the breakpoint (which i thought i was posting in feedback forum but i don know how i made wrong) at 8:16 am. BTW after posting in the breakpoint forum i catched up the link and gave a notification to the moderator to delete the message. After 2 minutes itself when i came back to that thread, i saw that the particular post was deleted. Only 2 posts were there. Thanks to Laura.

Message Edited by Mathan on 05-20-2009 12:16 AM
Message 14 of 24
(6,366 Views)

I guess since people are unaware of words unacceptable for the forums, we should explicitly state a list of vulgar words on the forums:
Here is a quick (non-exhaustive) list:
- local variable

- sequence structure (or worse, stacked)

- express VI's

- anything regarding text languages

... there are more, but I'm running out of things off the top of my head.

Just remember everyone, mind your P's and Q's Smiley Tongue

Cory K
Message 15 of 24
(6,298 Views)

Cory K wrote:

I guess since people are unaware of words unacceptable for the forums, we should explicitly state a list of vulgar words on the forums:
Here is a quick (non-exhaustive) list:
- local variable

- sequence structure (or worse, stacked)

- express VI's

- anything regarding text languages

... there are more, but I'm running out of things off the top of my head.

Just remember everyone, mind your P's and Q's Smiley Tongue

I am sorry I have to differ with you but if you search the forums you will find those terms very often in the form;

Xs are bad.

Where "X" represents most of the phrases you listed.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 16 of 24
(6,293 Views)

I'm glad I read the entire thread before replying..  LOL!  You guys have way too much fun when I'm away... I'll have to visit the forum more often..  😄

Message 17 of 24
(6,233 Views)

Ray.R wrote:

I'll have to visit the forum more often..  😄

Yes you have to.... Smiley Very Happy

I really miss you a lot JLV Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(6,225 Views)

Thanks for the kind words, Mathan..  🙂

I will visit more often.  It's been a crazy year... Then again, what else is new?

Maybe programming in C++ has had an effect on my participation.  I'm getting rusty (with LV)..  LOL! 😄

Message 19 of 24
(6,208 Views)
Beware the Dark Side young Ray.R
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(6,205 Views)