BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plea for filtering bad words in message as well as in user id

Post like this will damage the thoughts. Smiley Sad I really felt very upset in reading that message half way through.

Kindly delete such kind of messages from the forum asap.

Thanks,

Mathan

Message 1 of 24
(9,704 Views)

I personally don 't see the problem with either the post or the user name.

Wouldn't have been one of my choices for username but I've seen worse....

Shane.

Message 2 of 24
(9,668 Views)

Anything the FCC allows to be broadcast in the US over public airwaves should definitely be OK here in the forum.

Even Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers movie has a right to ask questions!  If somebody is using a relatively juvenile user name, it gives us the opportunity to adjust the answer accordingly, e.g. by making assumptions on the education and skill level. 😄

(Of course there are other very offensive names and words that should not be used here, but I don't think we have a problem so far.)

(form here)

Message 3 of 24
(9,667 Views)

Apparently there was another message that had been deleted according to Mathan in this forum message http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=130&thread.id=5924.

Now I'm curious as to the nature of what was said.

Message 4 of 24
(9,664 Views)

As soon as I saw the reply to that post (it was the reply that was deleted) I called Laura to make sure she deleted it ASAP. She had it down within 20 minutes of posting.

The user name was F#$@#$ U

Teh txt included a lot of personal references and name calling with mentions of body parts etc.

I found it very offensive.

I'm glad she pulled it down fast.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 24
(9,639 Views)

Well that might explain it then.

It must be some pretty hard swearing if there are octothorpes in there!

Wow. Smiley Tongue

Shane.

Message 6 of 24
(9,634 Views)

"It made a sailor blush." 

Ben

*I would know because I was a sailor in my youth. (US Navy Fire Control Technician Missles Second Class 1979).  

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 24
(9,629 Views)

Ben wrote:

Ben

Thanks for filling us in.  Since that message got pulled down so fast, I thought Mathan was referring to the original poster's user name which didn't seem like it should be offensive, nor did the message text say anything out of line.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(9,586 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote:

Ben wrote:

Ben

Thanks for filling us in.  Since that message got pulled down so fast, I thought Mathan was referring to the original poster's user name which didn't seem like it should be offensive, nor did the message text say anything out of line.

Kudoes to Laura for...

Showing up at work on time,

Answering the phone as soon as she walked into her office,

Getting it down fast

I wonder if the "mirror site" saw the message before it was pulled.

Ben

Message 9 of 24
(9,584 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote:

Same here. My problem was even more confusing. I saw the current first two posts and did not find anything wrong, then went to the link a second time and the entire thread was temporarlily gone for some reason. Thus, I thought whatever I still had open in the other window was the "offending" part and had been deleted. Later the tread was again reachable. Oh well. 😉

Message 10 of 24
(9,577 Views)