BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free online Python class

Can anyone recommend a decent free online Python class?

I am overwhelmed when I do a Google search.

My goal is to learn Python and change my career path to using Python to query databases.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,552 Views)

Why ask this in a NI forum? Why not on a Python forum?

Even if you insist on using an inappropriate forum, why not search the forum first?

Python Tutorial - NI Community

This one should keep you busy for a while: Python Full Course for Beginners - YouTube

Message 2 of 9
(2,510 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I always thought nothing is off typic in Breakpoint.  Maybe OP has some reason to believe those that are familiar with LabVIEW, are also familiar with Python?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,488 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I always thought nothing is off typic in Breakpoint.  Maybe OP has some reason to believe those that are familiar with LabVIEW, are also familiar with Python?  

It's not off topic. To quote the BreakPoint page:

BreakPoint is the board for off-topic discussions! Feel free to post on any topic that you like while keeping the conversation civil. 

That doesn't mean it makes sense.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,478 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

This one should keep you busy for a while: Python Full Course for Beginners - YouTube

I second this recommendation. A couple years ago I evaluated several introductory Python courses (some paid, some free), and this free course by Mosh is definitely my favorite.

Message 5 of 9
(2,461 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Even if you insist on using an inappropriate forum, why not search the forum first?

Python Tutorial - NI Community

Because I am fairly certain there are some LabVIEW programmers who are having to learn Python to keep up or risk falling behind.

It seems Python has become the language of choice given that it is open-source and "free".

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,247 Views)

@Darren wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I second this recommendation. A couple years ago I evaluated several introductory Python courses (some paid, some free), and this free course by Mosh is definitely my favorite.

Great. I will give it a try.

I found I learn best when I am "tested" on what I have been taught.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,244 Views)

@psuedonym wrote:

Then you might want to try CodeWars. I enjoyed that you can check out solutions by others and read the discussion on best practices and clever solutions. That is something you cannot simply get from tutorials and courses. And due to the online compilers, you can easily take a try at other languages.

Message 8 of 9
(2,204 Views)

@LLindenbauer wrote:

@psuedonym wrote:

Then you might want to try CodeWars. I enjoyed that you can check out solutions by others and read the discussion on best practices and clever solutions. That is something you cannot simply get from tutorials and courses. And due to the online compilers, you can easily take a try at other languages.

FYI Just posted this LabVIEW Codewars - NI Community

Message 9 of 9
(2,143 Views)