BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doing labview blind folded

Hi all,

This question is purely out of curiosity nothing technical

Just wanted to know different views on how can someone write a code in labview blind folded. (some one used to say you should practice and practice until you can do it closing your eyes, thats why this question popped up in my mind)

have any of you tried and succeeded atleast to some extent?

I am assuming for text based languages, one might achieve since he/she will be famailiar with the keyboard and who is good at typing with out typos may achieve to some extent.

but in a G-prog like LV is it possibl.

how do you know which vi are you selecting, is there an audible version of each vi, where to place them etc. 

can we program something like text to speech for LV.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(9,271 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(9,270 Views)

Are you working on becoming a LabVIEW master? Getting your blackbelt? I wounder if there will require us to program with a blindfold to get recertified?

You nedd to take this rock from my hand grasshopper.....!!!

Tim
GHSP
Message 3 of 11
(9,244 Views)
Trust your feelings. Use The Force.
PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(9,180 Views)

Smiley Very Happy

haha, gud one

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(9,165 Views)
Thanks Muks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(9,162 Views)

PaulG. wrote:
Trust your feelings. Use The Force.

Which pallette is that block in?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(9,150 Views)

freemason wrote:
[...]

I am assuming for text based languages, one might achieve since he/she will be famailiar with the keyboard and who is good at typing with out typos may achieve to some extent.

but in a G-prog like LV is it possibl.

how do you know which vi are you selecting, is there an audible version of each vi, where to place them etc. 

can we program something like text to speech for LV.

Thanks,

My first thought was a form of a net-list.  Programming LabVIEW is very similar like drawing a electronic schematic. The schematic can be translatet into a net-list like in  SPICE . The LabVIEW compiler is doing so already (I assume) . Never dealed with LV scripting, however the LV diagram is just one way to generate that list, text is another, voice in it's simplest form is audible text.

LabVIEW is: Think it. Draw it. Run it.   The picture is the program. The 'strongest' sense are our eyes, that's why a picture tells us more (and faster)  than words.

What is the strongest sense of a blind folded? Sound?  

So a blind folded will need LabSOUND . Composing the code, follow the data waves ?? Think it. Compose it. Run it??

The challenging part is to make structures audible... maybe a some beat rythm if you are inside a loop (that code rocks 😄 )?? Different notes for different cases?

Nice to navigate, just humm the note and you are at/in the case you want 😉

Open/close vi with a door sound? (Hey the OS already have these sounds, if you want), but how to tell it LabSOUND?? 

Or is it tactile: Using Force feedback dataglows to build your code? Bending the wires, force them through a typecasting bench vise??

But stop it's not friday ... still need something serious to do, but what a nice breakpoint, thank you freemason 😉

Message Edited by Henrik Volkers on 02-04-2010 05:29 PM
Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(9,120 Views)

Henrik Volkers wrote:

So a blind folded will need LabSOUND . Composing the code, follow the data waves ?? Think it. Compose it. Run it??

The challenging part is to make structures audible... maybe a some beat rythm if you are inside a loop (that code rocks 😄 )?? Different notes for different cases?

Umm.  If you're going to hum, why not just speak?  No sense learning extra rhythms and beats.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(9,104 Views)

elset191 wrote:

Henrik Volkers wrote:

Umm.  If you're going to hum, why not just speak?  No sense learning extra rhythms and beats.

Imagine mousing over a newb's diagram that did not know they could re-size a compound arithmetic "...and, and,and, and,and, and,and, and,and, and,..."

My PC would sound likes its stuttering.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(9,100 Views)