BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing the file using Write to SGL and reading the data using Read from SGL

Hello Sir, I have a problem using the Write to SGL VI. When I am trying to write the captured data using DAQ board to a SGL file, I am unable to store the data as desired. There might be some problem with the VI which I am using to write the data to SGL file. I am not able to figure out the minor problem I am facing.  I am attaching a zip file which contains five files.

1)      Acquire_Current_Binary_Exp.vi -> This is the VI which I used to store my data using Write to SGL file.

2)      Retrive_BINARY_Data.vi -> This is the VI which I used to Read from SGL file and plot it

3)      Binary_Capture -> This is the captured data using (1) which can be plotted using (2) and what I observed is the plot is different and also the time scare is not as expected.

4)      Unexpected_Graph.png is the unexpected graph when I am using Write to SGL and Read from SGL to store and retrieve the data.

5)      Expected_Graph.png -> This is the expected data format I supposed to get. I have obtained this plot when I have used write to LVM and read from LVM file to store and retrieve the data.

I tried a lot modifying the sub VI’s but it doesn’t work for me. What I think is I am doing some mistake while I am writing the data to SGL and Reading the data from SGL. Also, I don’t know the reason why my graph is not like (5) rather I am getting something like its in (4). Its totally different. You can also observe the difference between the time scale of (4) and (5).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,552 Views)

(You accidentally posted in the breakpoint forum, which is not for programming issues. You should probably post in the LabVIEW forum .)

Anyway, one glaring mistake seems to be the fact that you write 2 channels, but read it as a single channel. The "2D Number of Columns" entry MUST match the number of columns written, change it to "2" and all will be fine.

Binary files have no concept of rows and columns, it's all one long string. You neet to tell how to it is interlaced.

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-29-2005 11:29 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,551 Views)

Hello Sir, I will try posting the message in LabVIEW forums. Thanks for your reply but my problem is not yet resolved. I didnt move even a step.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,543 Views)