BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't we have error messages like that?

All we get is insanities and automatic reports. Why do we never hear about trained monkeys?

I was just using the YouTube video editor when I got the following message.

Now it all makes sense!

Message 1 of 7
(7,624 Views)

You should check the error reports in the summer.  Isn't that when NI has the monkeys, or is it interns, around?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,586 Views)

That would have been viciously stamped out by my employer as being too 'unprofessional' 😞

The last quality audit made me remove the stickers saying "Please do not feed the robot".

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,576 Views)

thoult wrote:

The last quality audit made me remove the stickers saying "Please do not feed the robot".

Reminds me of: And yet, it moves

One actually shouldn't feed the robot 😄

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,571 Views)

Because "an unknown error has occurred" is good enough apparently.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,399 Views)

I once inherited a "Richly Obfuscated" piece of code the would often pop-up a one- button dialog with the message "Something is wrong - and the developer does not understand why"

Amazingly, my hair grew backSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 7
(7,369 Views)

I wrote something, a long time ago, that converted a boolean array into a number and popped up a message with just that.  It helped me troubleshoot the software but, every once in a while, a confused operator comes to me to report a "5" or something.  I giggle every time. Smiley Embarassed

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,358 Views)