BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is Going to be there NI week 2014?

P@Anand wrote:

Hey!!! Don't keep it with you. Share some pics once the meet is over, so that we can atleast see the peoples faces behind the Avatar.

If SnowMule is there again this year, I'm sure we can convince him to share the pictures.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 61 of 69
(7,435 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

P@Anand wrote:

Hey!!! Don't keep it with you. Share some pics once the meet is over, so that we can atleast see the peoples faces behind the Avatar.

If SnowMule is there again this year, I'm sure we can convince him to share the pictures.

Doubtful, unless they include a snow mobile or some form of vehicle with two wheels and a motor.

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 69
(7,424 Views)

2013: http://mule.smugmug.com/Sci-Tech-Eng/20130805/

2012: http://mule.smugmug.com/Sci-Tech-Eng/20120806/

2011: http://mule.smugmug.com/Sci-Tech-Eng/20110801/

Haven't created a gallery for 2014 yet, but will next week. 😉

Got a box full of parts for the dirtmobile yesterday, went to press in wheel bearings last night ... somewhere in my garage, there's a snap ring that I need... and can't find. Smiley Frustrated  Hopefully the local hardware store has one big enough. 

It's probably sitting next to the rear brake pushrod I spent about half an hour searching for a few weeks ago... Smiley Frustrated

Small chance I'll have everything back together this weekend, but it's probably going to be a week or two after niweek Smiley Indifferent

At least it sorta looks like a motorcycle now, and not just crates full of parts Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 69
(7,407 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@Thoric wrote:

There are so many times in my schedule where I'm double, and even triple booked! The JKI event and Community Happy Hour both clash, so I think I'll have to run from one to the other at half-time! Smiley Very Happy

Great we can leave together.  Yeah my hotel last year was about 1 1/2 mile away and it was a rough walk back.  In the morning it was cool enough.  Then walking to the LAVA BBQ which again isn't a crazy long walk but in the heat made it feel forever away.  Those Ped-cabs were kinda fun too.

NI Week needs to be longer to squeeze it all in! Sure, I'll walk with you from JKI to Community event.

I remember last year, walking back from Lava BBQ with altenbach and the air was actually warmer than the human body, so the breeze actually warmed you up when it got stronger! Such a bizarre feeling! Appears to be cooler here this year, maybe it won't be so bad!

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 69
(7,393 Views)

Had a great time yesterday meeting people for NI Week 2014.  I even found out I knew somebody without either of us realizing that we had already met.

If anybody down here hasn't said "hi" to me yet, be sure to track me down.  I'll be all over the place, but can take a few seconds to meet and greet.  Looking forward, especially, to participating in LabVIEW Champions Live.  We want a big audiance and for people to participate.  So be sure to come and make fun of us.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 69
(7,362 Views)

If anybody happens to come across anything on SOM (System on Module) whilst you're there, please let me know! 🙂

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 69
(7,324 Views)

What do you want to know?  The couple of sessions that have mentioned it just stated that it is coming, but not any specs that I remember seeing.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 69
(7,292 Views)

Mostly specs, but also potential uses (mostly because I'm nosy about what others do 🙂 ) and getting an idea of typical take up. The case studies are all very speculative ("we estimate", "this will" etc) but it's always nice to justify using a new technology by pointing to others who are going to use it and prove it out before you 😄

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 69
(7,284 Views)

From what I saw it's about 3" by 2" and has ethernet, serial, USB and 160 FPGA IO lines - all broken out onto an RMC connector (so kinda similar to the sbRIO but with the only onboard connector being the RMC connector). Also comes as a development kit with some more of the IO/peripherals available.

There's some information on a flyer here: http://www.ni.com/pdf/embedded/NI_System_on_Module_Flyer.pdf

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 69
(7,257 Views)