From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is Going to be there NI week 2014?

See! I never made the mistake of Howlitt-Pickard or Hewilite-Pockard! Remember all the names of the "baby Bells" after AT&T split up. I remember thinking that NYNEX should be used with Pacific Telysis. The later sounded like something that would give you runny nose, which you would then wipe with NYNEX! Kind of miss ol' Ma Bell! One of those "be careful what you wish for" situations. Of course it was so that AT&T could get into computers. Anyone remember the AT&T PC's?

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 69
(10,651 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

Doubt that "Keylight" will be maintaining compatibility, the printers are Hewlett Packard. Agilent was spun off from them, and now Keylight is being spun off from the Medical part, which will remain Agilent. Mr.'s Hewlett and Packard are probably revolving at a high RPM rate in their respective graves.

That's factually incorrect.

The medical part of Agilent was sold to Philips years ago leaving just "Lifesciences", "Chemical Analysis" and "Test and Measurement" groups under the moniker "Agilent".  The semiconductor business was spun off to another company called Verigy.

Agilent shedding the Test and Measurement part leaving only the "Lifesciences" and "Chemical Analysis" parts behind.

No doubt there will eventually be a split between these two also as they are also serving two different markets with completely different philosophies.  In truth, the current three groups operate more or less independently of each other today already.  Splitting them up into separate companies is a logical and understandable decision.  The decision as to which part retains which name however.......

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 69
(10,626 Views)

<------------------ Will be present!

Message 43 of 69
(10,618 Views)

@GregFreeman wrote:

Will be present!

Not only will he be present, he's presenting...TWICE.  Can't wait to see you again, Greg.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 44 of 69
(10,614 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@GregFreeman wrote:

Will be present!

Not only will he be present, he's presenting...TWICE.  Can't wait to see you again, Greg.

Yes, was not aware of this because the presentation is R&D's with some "real world application" injected by me. I only found this out last week haha.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 69
(10,591 Views)

I'll be coming again this year after having to put together a full business case to explain to my boss and bosses boss why it was worth sending me to Austin from the UK. I also have a Tetris shaped alterior motive - I think you can expect to see mk.2 of my Giant Tetris project somewhere in the exhibition hall as long as it arrives in one piece!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 46 of 69
(10,536 Views)

Hi all,

NI will be hosting the Community Happy Hour again this year. I've sent out invites via PM to the top 50 community users who are registered for NIWeek. If you did not receive an invite, shoot me a PM and I'm happy to invite you. Some of you have registered for NIWeek with an email address different from your community email address so you might've slipped through the cracks. Just let me know! We want to see as many of you as possible while you're in Austin!

Hope to see y'all there!

Jordan

Message 47 of 69
(10,489 Views)

Happy hour?? What is special about that in NI week?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 69
(10,459 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

Meeting up with 50 friends just for the sake of hanging out.  What about that isn't special?  This is the only way I was able to meet up with some people during NI Week last year.  Its nice to see the faces behind the avatars every so often.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 49 of 69
(10,448 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

P@Anand wrote:

Meeting up with 50 friends just for the sake of hanging out.  What about that isn't special?  This is the only way I was able to meet up with some people during NI Week last year.  Its nice to see the faces behind the avatars every so often.

I know thats a lot special and very rare. I was thinking whether NI might be having some event or some activities at that time when you  people meet 🙂

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 69
(10,440 Views)