BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is Going to be there NI week 2014?

Just over a Month way and No exitement about NI week. Is it going to be a quiet one this time around?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 69
(12,463 Views)

I'll be there.:D

Are you going?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 69
(12,458 Views)

No I am going to make it. When is your presentation?  I will see that in the webcast

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 69
(12,450 Views)

Doesn't look like I'll be headed down that way this year again. 

I'll try to watch the webcasts though. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 69
(12,411 Views)

I'm still waiting for the official confirmation from my management.  My boss has the hotels reserved, but I haven't heard anything other than that.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 69
(12,408 Views)

I have 2 of the 3 signatures needed for approval.  Last year I learned on the Friday before NI Week that I was going.  Quite a frantic Friday but I'm just glad I went.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 69
(12,402 Views)

I have a verbal go-ahead as of now, we will see when it comes time to sign off.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 7 of 69
(12,392 Views)

I was lucky enough to get to my first NI Week last  year. Looks like this year I'll be on the wrong side of the Atlantic unfortunately.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 69
(12,387 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Last year I learned on the Friday before NI Week that I was going.  Quite a frantic Friday but I'm just glad I went.

That's exactly what happened to me with my first CLA Summit.  Definately worth it though.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 69
(12,383 Views)

@Thoric wrote:

I was lucky enough to get to my first NI Week last  year. Looks like this year I'll be on the wrong side of the Atlantic unfortunately.

It was also my first time at NI Week last year.  I didn't expect to go this year but I think a few cost saving suggestions may help get it through.

It is such a political strangeness with me.  Like I can explain to my boss why this is important, and he is totally on board and says I should go.  He then has to have meetings with his boss saying why it is important for me to go.  Then his boss has a meeting with his boss explaining why it is important for me to go.  I've never spoken to my bosses boss, or my bosses bosses boss.  So I imagine the conversation like this:

Bosses Boss: So Hooovahh should go to NI Week I'm told.

Bosses Bosses Boss: Oh, why is that.

Bosses Boss: I don't really know, I was just told he should go and it is valuable.

Bosses Bosses Boss: Oh, well what is NI Week.

Bosses Boss: I don't really know, but it sounds neat.

Actually the fact that I went last year is a miracle now that I'm thinking about it.

Message 10 of 69
(12,378 Views)