BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatever happened to the Austin Convention Center????

It seems google maps decided to double the size of the convention center (only on satellite view, not on map view), swallowing Red River street and the Moonshie Bar and Grill in the process. Ouch!!! (Bing is correct, but only shows the plain satellite view. nothing to break here).

Google seems to wrap the texture onto the 3D building and messes up in the process...

(I reported it to google, so hopefully it will be fixed soon)

Message 1 of 7
(10,016 Views)
Hilarious 😂
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,949 Views)

Here's the view from Google earth on Android. If NI-Week keeps getting larger, maybe they need to actually double the size of the center. 😄

Message 3 of 7
(9,888 Views)

It must be terrifying driving up Red River street straight into a convention centre and out the other side Smiley Very Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,867 Views)

Maybe they raised the A/C temperature from 62 to 75 degrees F? Thermal expansion coefficient...

Unfortunately my current work (over)load will prevent me from attending NI Week this year :{

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 5 of 7
(9,853 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

Maybe they raised the A/C temperature from 62 to 75 degrees F?

Since they have achieved LEED gold certification, I would assume that the AC has become significantly smarter and will no longer turn the entire center into a meat locker. We'll see.  😄

Message 6 of 7
(9,844 Views)

It probably is a result of SXSW doing stuff there! Red River now is in a tunnel under the convention center. Robot wink    Maybe it is Google's barge's new location, hidden from the Bay Area authorities. Austin has had strong connections to the Silicon Valley so maybe ...

If I didn't mention it, I too will be there.

To those travelling there for the first time, the comment about the A/C temperature being set at 62F (~ 17C) is actually not too much of an exaggeration, it is a good idea to have light weight jacket/windbreaker or equivalent for those times you are in a room near the A/C source!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,840 Views)