BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this and what is it used for

Looks like a multi level pressure switch , could be adjusted to a dead band and two levels of out of band reaction.

Easy visual configuration, turn the switch to swap polarity, adjust the angle to define the pressure level.

Nice part 🙂

My wife don't like me to store/collect Mercury parts at home.....  But my Weston elements are OK 😉

but I still dream of a Mercury barometer.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 91 of 294
(7,585 Views)

That is how I read it as well Henrik.

This is what Christain was talking about.

DSCN0684.JPG

DSCN0685.JPG

I will skip the stories of palying the broken thermometers since some may not be surprised (smiley wink)

This is an easy one but maybe one of you can tell me what fuel and how to operate it.

DSCN0686.JPG

DSCN0687.JPG

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 294
(7,533 Views)

DSCN0688.JPG

If the torch does not float your boat, here is an NI gizmo.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 93 of 294
(7,521 Views)
Calcium Carbide (+water = acetylene) torch?
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 294
(7,503 Views)

Last time I run mine

lamp small.jpg

I used denaturated alcohol... about 30 years ago??  (wasn't actually mine at that time 😉 )

But I was told that it also can run with gasoline/petrol ...just the smell isn't that good 😉

-Fill the tank not more than half

-punmp 25 times for pressure, don't put too much pressure on it since:

-fill the shell with a spoonfull  alcohol too and ignite it to pre heat the burner.

-after the free alc/gas is burned, hold a flame in front of the burner and open the valve.

(the 'shell' in my lamp is on top of the tank)

Do it outside, check the valve before!  Maybe better drop it ....     (You didn't found a youtube HOWTO??)

BTW: Nice collection of old control equipment, Ben 🙂

Here is another one: (Found on the street.... many many years ago)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 95 of 294
(7,498 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:
Calcium Carbide (+water = acetylene) torch?

There doesn't seem to be a good place to add the "rocks".

(I had a carbide helmet headlamp with the generator attached to the belt when I spend about half a day or so in the Hölloch to help retrieve some expedition gear. (~1970?))

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 294
(7,493 Views)

Ben,

Used one of these old blow torches as a kid.  We always used kerosene in ours.  I supose gas would work better on a really cold day.

Message 97 of 294
(7,482 Views)

Nice picture Henrik,

I have seen this as RAM (magnetic cores) and as ROM (wire pattern) Both used in computers of the 60's and early 70's

Kees

Message 98 of 294
(7,458 Views)

@Wayne.C wrote:

Ben,

Used one of these old blow torches as a kid.  We always used kerosene in ours.  I supose gas would work better on a really cold day.

So it is possible to use multiple fuel types?

Great!

Re: Youtube

I do not touch a computer when not at work. Besides it gives Y'all a chance to show your experiences.

Re: RAM

I am guessing a whopping 256 bits.

This picture was taken to back-up Christian's comment about the R/W head of a CDC 9762.

DSCN0682Annotated.jpg

Inside the circle is the positioner assembly viewed from the front. The arrow points out the locking pin that keeps the positioner from moving.

This something that local antique collectors are paying good money for and bonus it you have a six-pack.

DSCN0683Anotated.jpg

My next picture if you want to see it is another prize found after a dumpster dive behind the Phyics labs at Univ. of Pitt.

It is part of one of my wife's favorite stories but I will save that for now. After all, my shop is of limited size and there only so many things I can store there and still have room get things done.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 294
(7,443 Views)

RE: Ben's dumpster dive.

Oil jar with pour spout.  In the early days of full service stations, oil came in 55 gallon barrels.  A hand pump was used to transfer oil to the jar.  Add the spout and proceed to top off the oil on a vehicle.  The really nice jars include logos from the oil company.  These disappeared after oil began to be packaged in quart cans.  I still have the jar and spout from the station that my grandad owned in the late 40's.

Message 100 of 294
(7,437 Views)