Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a state machine?

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:
@JÞB wrote:
That was a large concern of mine when I lobbied the NI Certifcation team to establish the board and when I organized the Certifcation Nuggeteers to share exam experiences.  

You're not allowed to share exam experiences...

There is actually a very fine line.  You can talk about your experience, just without details on the scenario.  So you could bring up one of the example exams and point to it saying "watch out for this" or "you should think about this before the exam".  Yes, splitting hairs here.  And with that said, I'm actually not a fan of the certifications anymore.  I have worked with too many CLDs who had no clue.

We've been over this 😊. To me, CLD and CLA shows some dedication. It proves some skills, but not necessarily the right ones.

Just for people reading this, I'm just having fun with this discussion. I'm really not frustrated. At least not over this 🙄. I hope it's the same over there, even for .

I'm happy you are having fun.   Most of these points have been beaten to death, hung, shot, kicked, cut down, drawn and quartered, trampled by oxen, and shot again.  

Of course, some of my frustration rises from the limited successes I have had "Championing" training and certification.   OK, I got; better criteria into the online materials, peer review of the improved CLAD, a higher passing rates for CLD and CLD-R, and improved certification recognition from head hunters and HR (a decade ago no job description even contained a referance to LabVIEW certification.)

Of course neither the CLA nor CLD even mention project templates yet! And, perhaps the CLD bar is a bit low.  An adjustment to CLD, adding a written portion simillar to an improved CLD-R, might be in order.  IMLoftyO, NI-C&T should not have made a written test optional for recert.  The average CLD dumbed down to having no clue about basic software engineering.  Someday I might just put a strike-through on that (Emeritus) Champion status, call NI C&T and, beat them up (or join 'em if NI is hiring.)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 31 of 31
(465 Views)