BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think about an Emerson takeover?

it's a done deal : https://investor.ni.com/news-releases/news-release-details/emerson-advance-global-automation-leaders...

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 11 of 29
(2,509 Views)

Well...I guess we just wait to see what happens.  

Hopefully this works out to be a positive for fellow LabVIEW devs.  

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(2,499 Views)

One thing that Emerson made clear is that they think NI has been spending too much on R&D

That said, I absolutely don't know what to expect nor how fast things will move.

Well...

speed.jpg

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(2,490 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

it's a done deal : https://investor.ni.com/news-releases/news-release-details/emerson-advance-global-automation-leaders...

Ah yes, I'm sure this is all part of NI's 100 year plan.  Also could they find worst logo to use?  Lots of JPG artifacts, and are quite stretched.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(2,451 Views)

Now NI is acquired by Emerson. This could be one of the best things ever happened to LabVIEW developers since we will have more visibility and wider range of customers/users. LabVIEW is the centerpiece of NI and Emerson has no option but invest more into LabVIEW because they know that it is one of the most capable Control and Automation software and hardware in the global markets. 

Senior Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(2,216 Views)

@Freelion8 wrote:

Now NI is acquired by Emerson. 

Not quite.  There is an agreement for the acquisition.  The official acquisition is a year out.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 16 of 29
(2,196 Views)

Anything can happen in a year.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(2,185 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Freelion8 wrote:

Now NI is acquired by Emerson. 

Not quite.  There is an agreement for the acquisition.  The official acquisition is a year out.

Adding some context here.  The following is from this article:

"The transaction is expected to close in the first half of Emerson's fiscal 2024, subject to the completion of customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals and approval by NI shareholders."

Emerson's fiscal year starts beginning of October.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 18 of 29
(2,174 Views)

@Freelion8  a écrit :

Now NI is acquired by Emerson. This could be one of the best things ever happened to LabVIEW developers since we will have more visibility and wider range of customers/users. LabVIEW is the centerpiece of NI and Emerson has no option but invest more into LabVIEW because they know that it is one of the most capable Control and Automation software and hardware in the global markets. 

Interesting point of view.

Have you seen/heard/read anything so support this point of view?

Most comments I've seen so far about Emerson's takeover were rather pessimistic - to day the least - for the future of LabVIEW.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(2,119 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

Most comments I've seen so far about Emerson's takeover were rather pessimistic - to day the least - for the future of LabVIEW.

I am of the opinion that this will cause minimal changes to NI, at least in the short term.  It takes a long time to change a company, especially one as large as NI.  It will takes years before we, the customers, will actually notice anything.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(2,118 Views)