BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're so g(c)lad we passed!

Just got our FedEX packages today after taking the free CLAD exam at the Toronto Developer Day event a couple of weeks ago. 

Three out of four passed so far. (including me..yay!)  The fourth had his shipped to his home address so he wouldn't have to buy the beer for getting the lowest score.  Smiley Wink

Hope to have my CLD before the summer is over. 
---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 1 of 31
(9,416 Views)

Congratulations!

I just took the exam yesterday at the Developer Day in Columbia, MD and feel pretty good about it.  I think NI offering the exam for free at these Developer days was a good strategy to increase the amount of participation and enlarge the base of certified programmers which is good not only for them, but the rest of us as well who use LabVIEW as a part of our work.

Message 2 of 31
(9,388 Views)
I have mine coming up in Cleveland next Thursday.  I realize you can't give specific hints, but any general advice?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(9,381 Views)

JeffOverton wrote:
I have mine coming up in Cleveland next Thursday.  I realize you can't give specific hints, but any general advice?

Definitely take the practice exam that is available on the website.  The exam version I took had some of the same questions as on the practice exam.  A couple questions I got wrong on the practice, I was able to figure out why and remember for the actual exam.  Also look at any practice questions they may put up on the screen during lunch.  You may see 1 or 2 of those reused on the real exam.
Message 4 of 31
(9,372 Views)
I'd do the Fundamentals Exam online a few times.  You might want to try and come up with a way to screenshot and save the questions with your answers.  Otherwise you'll have a difficult time figuring out which ones you got wrong. 

There's lots of time to complete this test.  So go through it once answering only questions you're sure of.  Then go back and take on the ones you're not sure of.  Give everything a good proof-read before you turn it in too.  I got a bunch of questions wrong in the Fundamentals Exam because I mistakenly checked the wrong box. 
---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 5 of 31
(9,368 Views)
Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought, but I feel a lot better having heard it from experience.  I actually took the fundamentals exam yesterday morning and got a 30, but I think that may have something to do with my never having actually used a graph or chart, just read about them on here.  Also, the multiple shift register element thing was interesting.  I hadn't even seen that on the forums.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(9,361 Views)
Definitely review waveform charts, graphs, and XY graphs.  Make sure you know the differences between them.  Also know what makes up a waveform datatype.  There will be several questions about what type of graph will result from running a given set of code.  The multiple shift registers aren't used very often in real life, which is probably why you don't see them much on the forums.  But they do have a useful purpose for tracking back multiple iterations that you might need for various purposes.
Message 7 of 31
(9,339 Views)
Turns out to be good advice.  Got my CLAD.  Thanks Ravens.Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 31
(9,114 Views)
Jeff wrote " Got my CLAD."

Congratulations!

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 31
(9,100 Views)
Thanks!  Wouldn't have been anywhere close to possible without these forums.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(9,096 Views)