BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users in Iran cannot post on forums?

I just saw on LinkedIn that someone in Iran received an email from NI that the forums would be "read-only" for them from now on due to export controls and not wanting to encourage the purchase of NI products in Iran. Has anyone else heard similar things or can verify whether this is true or not?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,774 Views)

I've heard the same today and am wondering what that's all about. I dreading the answer.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,714 Views)

I read about the same on LinkedIn.

There is a heavy hand involved somewhere.

Even in the days of the cold war, US and soviet scientists talked.

I can only guess that some NI hardware has made its way into Iran and NI is trying to cover their bases. Hardware is one thing and knowledge is another.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,693 Views)

It is the policy of National Instruments Corporation to comply with all applicable import and export trade compliance laws and regulations, as well as other mandatory trade sanctions, in the countries in which NI conducts business. As such, we do not encourage community membership from embargoed countries in the NI Community. For more information, please refer to our Export Compliance Information.

Thank you,

Brian Sierer

Director of eBusiness

National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(6,677 Views)