From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undocumented features of the expression node

After investigating expression nodes in detail here, I stumbled on some undocumented features that could give your UIs some interesting new twists (if used in moderation!).

I have not fully explored all possibilities, so there might be more.

I have tested in it LabVIEW 4.0 through 2013SP1 and it seems to work everywhere. (Versions below 6i show some slight pixelation artifacts, but that can be ignored)

Look what it can do!!!!

Message 1 of 8
(8,645 Views)

Seriously, if this was on the Idea exchange, I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,637 Views)

Damm, forgot to look at the post date 😉

Message 3 of 8
(8,578 Views)

I think the rainbow needs differend colors. ( then again I am an electrical engeneer )

Learning LabVIEW since January 2013
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,572 Views)

Also, according to this scheme, the sign of the numerics in rainbow format will be output in the infra-red portion of the spectrum whereas any units trailing the numbers will be in the UV region, effectively highlighting the dangers of using units in LabVIEW.

You may need a monitor with extended colour gamut to see the full effects.

Message 5 of 8
(8,569 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Look what it can do!!!!

Hey wow, you can see through to the block diagram. Better put a perspex plate over that, you don't want animals getting in there and gnawing on the wires.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,502 Views)

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:
Hey wow, you can see through to the block diagram. Better put a perspex plate over that, you don't want animals getting in there and gnawing on the wires.

Just duplicating the myRIO design, where you can see the "circuits" under a glass cover. 😄

Message 7 of 8
(8,496 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

Just duplicating the myRIO design, where you can see the "circuits" under a glass cover. 😄

It's nice to keep things standardised.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(8,421 Views)