BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to control myself from Code cleaning !

I also have the habit of saving the VI more often. Not only just save, Ctrl+Shift+Save and I started doind all the other applications as well. Many times I get a pop-up window when I try to do the same with MSWord.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(5,689 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I am so bad that I usually clean up somebody's diagram just to figure out what they are doing.  I also created a few shortcuts to help me clean up.  And my number one righ-click menu that I use is "Clean Wire".

Oh really....

It seems that I may have found a way to cleanup my code without me putting in any effort.

So uh crossrulz...do you uh...want to look at my code *whistles innocently*

Message 12 of 21
(5,654 Views)

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

I am so bad that I usually clean up somebody's diagram just to figure out what they are doing.  I also created a few shortcuts to help me clean up.  And my number one righ-click menu that I use is "Clean Wire".

Oh really....

It seems that I may have found a way to cleanup my code without me putting in any effort.

Tim didn't mention that he review the code for free Smiley Wink

-----

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(5,644 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Oh really....

Tim didn't mention that he review the code for free Smiley Wink

That is correct.  So would it be easier to go through the purchasing process or fix your own code?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 14 of 21
(5,631 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

There are many situations where I have to develop code within short time, but I am not able to control myself from cleaning the BD.

From some of my fellow collegues I was advised not to care about the wire bends and other stuffs and complete the code. Later part we can cleanup the code, but I am not able to follow this.  Even when I check the code of others and if I see wire bends and mis-alignment I start correcting them. 

Feel free to post your opinion.

I'm the same way...

Especially when I work with others on the same project.

We do not seem to be the only ones..  That alone should count towards a CLD!

Message 15 of 21
(5,589 Views)

P@Anand a écrit :

There are many situations where I have to develop code within short time, but I am not able to control myself from cleaning the BD.

From some of my fellow collegues I was advised not to care about the wire bends and other stuffs and complete the code. Later part we can cleanup the code, but I am not able to follow this.  Even when I check the code of others and if I see wire bends and mis-alignment I start correcting them. 

Feel free to post your opinion.

I do this too. Compulsively. Its a major psychotic obsession.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 16 of 21
(5,510 Views)

It bit me big time recently. I had inherited some code, was going through it trying to figure how it worked and was unconciously straightening wires, etc. I, without thinking, corrected some spelling errors (for two years, following this programmer, I have managed to resist this), and two weeks later, when we tried to run final tests on 80 parts, found that their initial test data (necessary for the final test) had not been saved in the local results database. It took a while to find, but, ummm, the unconcious corrections and meant that the initial test data did not match with the existing database field names. Doh!  Thankfully we had enough time to rerun the first tests (after correcting my corrections) and then run the final tests to get the parts shipped.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 17 of 21
(5,489 Views)

Thats why I always have a backup before start checking the code, so that I can replace and get rid off the mess I create by cleaning Smiley Wink.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(5,460 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

Thats why I always have a backup before start checking the code, so that I can replace and get rid off the mess I create by cleaning Smiley Wink.

It's called source code control!

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(5,438 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

P@Anand wrote:

It's called source code control!

Manual source code control Smiley Wink

-----

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(5,430 Views)